Chapter 16: Inventor

As they entered, they looked around. The inside was much more creepy than it's friendly looking exterior. "I definitely didn't expect this..." Charlie whispered. The door then slammed behind them, making all four of them jump. Suddenly the floor opened below them, and down they fell. "What the Hell is this place?!" Cherri exclaimed in anger. Just before they hit the ground, they were caught in mid air with a powerful force.

"And who exactly are you?" A voice called out. A demon walked out from the shadows, controlling the invisible floating force. "Do you know Sir Pentious by chance?" Charlie asked. The demon released them from his enchanted grasp and they fell to the floor. "What business do you have regarding him? I'm not suppose to expose my client's information to just anyone ya' know?" He crossed his arms and replied in annoyance.

"Huh? Oh no no no sweetheart. We're just here to pick up his equipment. He sent us here but we just need to know the location of where he lives. He asked us on the street and left so we need an address." Angel persuaded. Cherri, Charlie and (Y/n) glanced at each other before nodding. The aggressive presence of the supposed shopkeeper seemed to leave and he placed a smile on his face.

"Ah I see. Which are you wanting to pick up? He pre-ordered a few." He questioned. "He just needs one. It doesn't matter which." Angel batted his eyelashes. The creepy looking shopkeeper pulled out a metallic piece, that resembled a brass tube of some sort. "Here ya' go. I can't believe he would the Princess of Hell and a few street kids to get stuff for him. Here's a map to where he is."

Cherri took the map and placed it in her bag, careful not to expose the explosives. "Thank you...kind sir... We must be going now." Charlie smiled awkwardly before the shopkeeper showed them the way out of where they fell. Once they were back on the surface, Cherri took out the map. "It seems that he has various hiding places. Three Major ones to be exact."

"That would at least take a few days..." Angel sighed. "I feel relieved that I left five packets of extra feed for Fat Nuggets and an extra big serving of sand for his shit." Charlie glanced at the map and commented "The first hideout isn't that far away from here. If we go now, we'll make it by dawn." They agreed and thus, they commenced.

As the search party was following the map, Sir Pentious was driving and Alastor was enraged. "You know I would've killed you a in a second if it wasn't for this here barrier." He grinned creepily, clearly fuming in anger. All Pentious did was chuckle and shake his head before looking back at Alastor, grinning. "I'll need to run a few... tests on you... hope you don't mind."

Alastor's Radio Demon mode came on due to anger, but he was quickly zapped by the van, taking in a lot of his energy. "You really are a wisenheimer, aren't you?" Alastor said between breaths, energy slightly depleted. "I can be whatever you want me to be, but just know that once I harness your powers, you won't be saying much. So talk all you want now." Pentious laughed maniacally.

"Besides, if your so called friends care about you, they'll come running towards us. I can't wait to harvest their energy. Oh and thanks for reminding me, I want that girl for she too has something. I want her wings, and you're going to get them for me." "W-Wings? What and who are you on about? None of my supposed lackeys have wings." Alastor said as his tired body laid motionless.

"I suppose even an almighty powerful demon such as yourself can't see a fallen angel. How blind of you Alastor." Pentious fixed his focus back on the road as he said this, almost reaching their destination. As Alastor's time was running out, the group followed the map into a thick and dense forest. "I didn't know forests grow in Hell.." (y/n) said as she nudged Angel. "Me neither... Charlie, sweetheart, where does Hell get it's trees from?"

Charlie shrugged and replied "To be honest, I don't know. Who know's? They could be distributed between Heaven and Hell every time someone chops a tree." Just as they were walking, a firework went off up in the sky. Cherri squinted her crimson eye and exclaimed "That's a help sign!" The four rushed through the forest, but the further they went the more trees and swamp they found. "We need to get out of here!" Charlie exclaimed before yawning. "I think we should rest for awhile." (Y/n) suggested.

"Alastor is strong enough to handle himself for a few minutes. Besides, you guys had a pool party. Sorry for ruining you birthday Charlie." added Cherri. The four agreed to take a quick nap before continuing. Charlie and Cherri fell asleep but Angel and (Y/n) couldn't. How could they after so many things happening in one night?

"(Y/n), sweetheart, can I talk to you for a second?" Angel said as he tugged slightly on his vest. "Sure, what about?" (Y/n) asked. "I know it's been a week or so since you entered Hell, and a lot has happened since you got here. You met people like Charlie, Vaggie, and I, yet you still decided to come back to Hell after entering the gates of Heaven. Why... is that?" (Y/n) blushed and looked away. "I can't leave my new friends behind, especially not this time. If I didn't come back, Alastor would still be in danger, and fate may have gone through differently."

Angel chuckled as he noticed her blush. "I believe you came back for another reason, dear." Angel lightly grazed his hand across her cheek and slightly lifted her face under her chin. His eyes gazed into her (e/c) eyes, as they sat next to each other. (Y/n) felt her heart beating faster in her chest as she stuttered. "Angel I... I couldn't bear to leave you knowing that you would be devastated. You always seem so happy when I do things with you. Losing that kind of relationship with someone would be so painful. So I confess.."

"You are the real reason for me to stay..."