Chapter 26: Dance

Just as she finished reading the letter, Angel entered his room holding a bouquet of flowers. "Oh I um... didn't know you were up! These are for you." He handed the flowers to (Y/n). She smiled and thanked him, replying to his letter "Of course I'll go with you." Angel hugged her and kissed her on her cheek. "Well we don't have long. Charlie's a fast worker so I bet the Ball will be held tonight despite this morning's set backs."

"That's great Angel, but I don't have an exquisite dress to wear. All the drag dresses you have are too small to fit my body." (Y/n) sighed. Angel smirked and replied "While I go find a suitable suit for me to wear, why don't you go ask Niffty to sew something up for you. She's quick with her hands so I bet you'll get a dress tailored for you just before the ball starts." (Y/n) left Angel's room and went to the lobby to look for Niffty. At the corner of her eye, she spotted the one eyed cutie looking at the roses that had just been set up.

"Niffty!" (Y/n) called out. Niffty turned to see (Y/n) waving. "Hi (Y/n), anything you need?" She asked excited. "In fact I do. See, I don't have a dress for the ball tonight. I'm not looking for an amazing dress, but something that fits the theme would be great." Niffty's eye twinkled with delight as she pulled (Y/n) to her studio, measuring her proportions. "I have a few dresses that I'm working on in your size. What colour do you want?" Niffty asked with a big smile. "(F/c) would be good, that is if you have it." (Y/n) told Niffty, who nodded her head and brought out an unfinished (F/c) dress.

"How's this?" She asked, showing it to (Y/n). The dress was a [Style of choice. Eg. Mermaid, A-Line, etc] styled gown and had [Accessory of choice. Eg Diamonds, Rubies, Pearls, etc] embroidered on it. "That's absolutely stunning, Niffty!" (Y/n) said amazed. "I think it will suit you just fine. Let me finish it up and it's all yours! I've actually been trying to find a person who can wear this." Niffty took out a needle and thread and began to complete the dress in front of (Y/n)'s eyes.

Nifty ever so deftly patched up rough edges of the dress, sewing on extra material and cutting off unnecessary parts that she didn't like. "I'm almost done. Why don't you help yourself to a cupcake over at the counter? I made too many so take as many as you'd like. Just save some for me." Niffty giggled. (Y/n) walked to the counter to indeed find a tray of cupcakes decorated with frosting. She took a bite of one with a baby blue swirl of icing and was instantly shocked on how amazing it tasted.

"Niffty, your cupcakes are amazing!" (Y/n) complimented as she finished eating it. "Thank you very much~ oh and your dress is done. I'm not good at make up, so you can ask either Angel or Charlie to do that for you. Here is your dress, and have fun at the ball!" Niffy replied, handing her the dress. "What about you, aren't you dancing?" (Y/n) asked. "Nah, I don't really like dancing. I'm just in it for the food and the socialising. You should go get ready, it starts in a few hours!" Niffty smiled.

(Y/n) looked around and found Charlie in a nice looking charcoal coloured suit. "Charlie, I need you to help me." (Y/n asked, making Charlie looked to her left, smiling sweetly. "Did you get the invite?" She asked. (Y/n) nodded "In fact I did, and I need your help with Make-up." Charlie then took notice of (Y/n)'s dress. "Are you wearing that? If yes, I'll do your make up in a similar shade with glitter and stuff!" She said excited as (Y/n) nodded her head. Charlie grabbed (y/n) and excitedly sat her down on one of the lobby chairs.

She took out her make up palette from her pocket and began to put on eyeshadow, eyeliner, and lipstick on (Y/n)'s face. She also added glittery eyeshadow at the side of her eyes to give that pop. "There we go! You look great. Go ahead and get changed! The Ball is starting soon."Said Charlie as she hugged (Y/n), who after, went to change into her dress. As time went by, music began to play and the demons were all dressed in fancy dresses and suits. (Y/n) sat in the lobby, awaiting for Angel.

Just as she was about to go in and look for him, a hand grabbed her waist and a familiar spider kissed her lips. He eyed her up and down as he complimented "You look so elegant. I bet that isn't just the dress talking baby~" He flirted. Angel was wearing a cloud coloured suit with a royal blue handkerchief tucked in one of his upper pockets. But it wouldn't truly be the Angel Dust she knows and loves without him having some sort of eyeshadow, which was royal blue, and his fluff out. "Ready to go?" He held out his arm. She nodded and linked arms with him as they entered the Ballroom.

Before (Y/n) could even admire the beauty of the ballroom, a melodious waltz begun to fill the walls of the ballroom as the dancers each found a place. "Angel, I don't know how to waltz." (Y/n) whispered. Angel smirked and put one hand on her waist and another holding her hand replying "Don't worry. I'll guide you." As the music got louder, the demons in the hall began to dance, and (Y/n) followed along. She gazed into Angel's eyes, which in turn, gazed into hers, but they both also focused on dancing.

"I'd usually just sit and eat the food they gave." Angel chuckled. "And now I'm dancing with the most elegant lady in the room. You truly are stunning tonight." As the music stopped, everyone took a bow and go off the dance area. Angel and (Y/n) went to the balcony of the ballroom and admired the scenery outside. "You want to go back inside and dance more?" (Y/n) asked. Angel grabbed her hands and the two began dancing at the big balcony. Angel paused and kissed her forehead saying

"We don't need music to enjoy each other's company."