Chapter 21: Control

A couple of red stereos were glowing through the darkness as a familiar voice sounded. "Ladies and Gentlemen, are you ready for a round of Chess?" That statement was followed by a scary laughter, that lead to Alastor revealing himself in his Radio Demon Form still having Pentious's crown on his head. Alastor then cried out "B-B-BEAT ME IN CHESS. PLE-E-ASE. I DON'T WANT TO HUR-HURT-T ANYBOD-D-D" His voice glitched.

"That can't be Alastor..." Asila said as she got a hold of herself and used her vision. (Y/n) was curious and also activated her vision. Pentious, who was monitoring the CCTV in the room and noticed Asila, saying "My goodness.. she's still in Hell..." He then commanded Alastor to take them both to him once they loose. Asila looked into Alastor's troubled demonic eyes as black tears rolled down her face. "Let's get this chess match over with!" She shouted in anger intended towards Pentious. Angel got out his flamethrower, Cherri her bombs, Charlie her demon form, and Sylla and (Y/n) their fallen forms.

Everytime they were to defeat a chess piece, they would burn it to make sure Alastor couldn't summon that piece back on the board. Pentious was angered so he gave Alastor a flamethrower as well, to burn them if they were defeated. As the match progressed, Alastor was loosing, which made the real him happy. As the king and queen remained on Alastor's side, Angel, who was a horse piece, glared and snarled "Check." Alastor moved his Queen in front of Angel, making Angel's heartbeat race. If he were to flame up his queen, he will be flamed by the king. If he moves out of the way, Cherri, who is behind him, will get flamed.

Asila, who was a bishop, saw this and sacrificed herself by killing Alastor's queen. Alastor's eyes widened as tears ran down his cheeks. His real self trying to break free from the crown's control. He didn't want to end her, but the crown told him to move the king. With all the will power he had, he fought the will of the crown and tried to move the king away. Pentious saw this and smirked "Oh Alastor, you think your will power is strong? Think again" he pressed a button on the remote, making Alastor loose himself and aimed the flamethrower at Asila.

She formed a shield to block his flames as the others began checking the king. One by one. (Y/n), who was the white queen, checked Alastor's queen whilst he was still trying to kill Asila. Slowly but surely the king was running out of spaces to move. The shield was becoming thinner and thinner, but just before it shattered, Alastor said in his Announcer Voice, as if he were a robot "It'sss a Checkmate! Congratulations!" Sylla's shield shattered as her eyes met with Alastor's. He switched off his radio demon form as he gazed at her.

Sir Pentious rolled his eyes and commanded Alastor to bring him both Asila and (Y/n). Once again, he tried to fight it. (Y/n) flew towards him and tried her best to remove the crown, that sat firmly on his head. Pentious took a microphone and said "It's no use trying to pry off that crown. Only I can remove it. And I will if the two girls with wings would gladly come here. Or maybe just one. Sylla, darling, we have unfinished business. Would you rather die now, or let (Y/n) die? Before Sylla could speak, (y/n) interrupted "Take me instead." Even she was surprised herself that she offered herself.

Alastor, controlled by the crown, chuckled and his voice became very glitchy as he said "Pentious awaits. So come with me." He held his hand out. Angel wrapped all of his arms around (Y/n). "I'm not letting you sacrifice yourself. Nobody is sacrificing themselves." Pentious grew impatient and sent out his minions and his robots to capture all of them, Alastor Included.

All six of them came face to face with Sir Pentious once again. "Glad to see everyone here again, with an new addition to you group." He hissed, satisfied. He took the crown off Alastor's head, which made him fall to the ground, extremely weak from using too much of his power unnecessarily. Sylla went to his aid despite still being afraid that he might hate her. Pentious grabbed (y/n) by her wrist tightly and pulled her to a room where she was placed into a similar case that Charlie was placed in. Angel shouted for Pentious to let her go, and lunged himself at the serpent, wanting to fight.

"Tsk Tsk Angel Dust. You are nothing but a drug abuser and a slut. You are weak and depend on (Y/n) to be happy." Pentious's words shot Angel's heart like an arrow. (Y/n) wanted to tell him it wasn't true, but she was already in the capsule. Angel's gaze shifted onto the troubled (Y/n), who screamed were inaudible to his ears. He tried to push past Pentious, but he would only be thrown back again and again. Charlie and Cherri also helped Angel, but Pentious had already absorbed a lot of energy from Alastor and knocked them unconscious. (Y/n) looked around in her small capsule to find a sharp object that stuck out of the ceiling of the capsule.

As she tried to pull it out and with her friends flung across the room unconscious, Pentious was looming over Sylla and the exhausted Alastor. Asila was doing all she could to heal Alastor as he was ready to protect her if Pentious were to take her away, making the past repeat itself. "I started with you two, and it's going to end with you two. You have no idea how much progress was set back because of what you guys did. You broke my machines, tore and shredded my blueprints, and now I'm not going to let everything slip my fingers again.

Pentious swiftly attempted to grab Sylla's wrist, but stopped when he felt something sharp, piercing his back. "Who are you?! Show yourself." (Y/n) smirked and replied "Why should I show myself when you have so many eyes that can see behind you back?" Pentious chuckled replying "You are nothing without your friends. I've knocked them all out cold. And sure you broke my chamber I assume, but that doesn't matter. That wasn't even an extracting chamber, it was just something to hold you in." Pentious's tail knocked (Y/n) unconscious and carried her with his left shoulder. His smirk turned into an evil one.

"So, do you want Alastor to die?"