chapter 18

Luna's Pov

My eyes opened to an unfamiliar bed roof above my head making me confused. I blinked a few times as if it were going to magically turn into mine but no. I felt cold air hit my exposed naked shoulders and shivered before I pulled the thick quilts over my naked body even more. Finally, it hit me, not the fact that I was naked but the reason why. I gasped when a strong arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to its owner's body. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." I head the emperor's voice and instantly felt calm. " you didn't scare me, just took me a bit by surprise." I said rubbing his hand gently as he placed a kiss on my forehead. I was in a daze as I let out a sigh. "What is it? Do you have any regret?" He asked worriedly but I shook my head." no none at all, I am just in disbelief is all." I said but he didn't understand." Why?" He asks sitting up on his side a bit facing me." Looking back on my life up to this point I can't believe where I am given where I came from." I explain he didn't speak and just listened. " When I first arrived here I was only here to work and when I finished I had no intention of staying but the emperor of the nation asked me to stay because he loved me. Here I am a girl from a poor family in a small town, now a noblewoman and scholar in the arms of the emperor . If someone had told me my fate when I was younger, I would have never believed them." I explained with an unbelieving chuckle. I was looking at the roof of the bed but in the corner of my eye, I could see the emperor 's smile. I suddenly felt bold and spoke. "Youngbae what are you thinking about?" I asked and watched his eyes grow in surprise. "Did you just call me by my name?" He asked happily and I smiled. "Can I not?" I asked but he shook his head. "Of course you can, say it again." He says and I didn't hesitate. "Youngbae." I said easily. "Again." He said with a smile. " Won Youngbae." I said with a smile before he kissed my lips happily. We rested for a while till I noticed the sun was not fully up yet. I figured I should go to my room before I am found here. I moved the blanket but when I did he stopped me. "Where are you going?" He asked sitting back up. "I should go before anyone finds me here or Liluo gets worried." I said he didn't want me to. "I say we take the day off together." He says before he started to place soft kisses on my bare shoulder. "We can't we have work to do people need you." I reminded him. "And I need you to be with me. Luna when doing you ever just take the chance and be shallow?" He says is kisses going to my neck. "But what about." I started but was stopped when he got to a certain part of my neck and gasped when his hands started to roam my naked body again. He was right we never just do things for ourselves. With that, I pushed him down onto the bed and straddled him wanting dominance this time before I began to kiss him. I felt his hands hold my hips as I stayed where I am on his lap. We were not planning to stop but an arrival announcement made me stop and panic. I tried to hide somewhere and he knew I didn't want to be seen. He quickly and gently pushed me under the blankets and told me to be quiet. At last, I heard a new voice and it was lady Jane's. "Greetings your majesty." She says. "Why are you disturbing my sleep so early in the morning?" He says with a very irritated tone. "I apologize for waking your majesty but I have something very important I must tell you and simply could not wait any longer." She says I heard an excited tone in her voice. "Hurry and tell me I want to go back to sleep." He says she took a few seconds before she spoke again but her tone had changed. "Your majesty are you unwell? It is quite cold here in your chambers. Why are you shirtless?" She asked randomly? "That is none of your concern lady Jane, hurry so I can get ready because now I will not be able to sleep." He says but she said nothing of true importance. "I am sorry to disturb your majesty. I will tell you some other time." She says deciding not to say anymore. "Fine tell me another time, leave so I can get dressed." He ordered. "Yes, your majesty." She says I heard her footsteps leave the room before I came from under the blankets. I looked around as if someone was here hiding. "Now where were we?" The emperor said trying to pull me back to bed but I rested. "I think I would be better if we did this another time. I would not like to be walked in on again." I said crawling out of his bed and gathering my clothes of the previous day. As I began to dress, I noticed him watching me with a pout. "I wouldn't mind some privacy you know." I said. "Why? I saw it all already and I love looking at it." He says but I gave him a look that made him turn around. "Do you really want to go?" He says as I finished dressing. "Don't be such a child, we will do this again sometime." I said before I kissed his lips from behind him on his bed. He turned to face me and held my waist. "Sometime soon I hope." He says and that made me smile before I kissed him again and a few more times before got up to go.