chapter 20

Luna's Pov

Finally, we arrived at my home. I wonder if my mother was expecting us. I saw her rush out the door and go onto the ground bowing expecting the Emperor to come out and talk to her. I rushed out of the carriage and to my mother very emotionally. I couldn't help shouting to her as I rushed over. "Mother!" I said making her head snap up at the sound of my voice. "Luna?" She says in disbelief before I run into her arms. We cried over how much we missed each other, you would thought I had not seen her in 20 years. "Luna, how are you here? Why are you here? Why are you here in the Emperor 's carriage?" She asked holding my arms when we pulled away from our hug. "The Emperor surprised me with a trip to visit you for my birthday," I explained. "This dress is breathtaking dear, where did you get it?" She asked spinning me around to see the dress. "Another gift from the Emperor," I said and saw her face grow curious. "So many gifts from the Emperor, does intend to marry you or something?" She asked to tease me. "Actually," I said turning shy. She heard the footsteps come off the carriage and come around. When she saw who it was she instantly dropped to the ground to bow. "Respectfully greeting his majesty Emperor Won Youngbae." She says very quickly. "Please rise, mother." He says. When he said to mother, her head snapped to me. "Mother?" She asked wondering if she heard right. "Yes, mother. I got this for you. A gift." He explained handing her the basket which she worriedly accepted. "Your majesty, I am not very smart. Can you please explain to me what is going on." She says and I could only smile. "Luna." He called for me and held out his hand. I took it happily and walked into his arms. "Mother, I am very in love with your daughter, and I wish to marry her. However, I know that she will not marry me unless I know her family. Seeing how well she treats my mother I thought there absolutely no reason why I could not do the same." He explained. My mother almost passed out but held herself together. "Well, this is most certainly unexpected. I never thought my daughter of all people would take the great Emperor Won's heart. Please come in." She says leading the way to our home. "Mother, I am sorry for our sudden appearance for I should have notified you ahead of time. I just wanted to surprise both of you." He explained. "It was a wonderful surprise thank you, your majesty." My mother thanked him. When we got inside my mother tried to move things around. "I apologize I didn't know you were coming I didn't have much time to prepare." She says bowing to the Emperor. "That is alright, I was hoping to stay a few days so we can get to know each other and Luna can spend some time with you." He explained. "Of course you are more than welcome here. My only concern is my home is very small. I don't know if it to your liking." Lady Pain says worriedly "This is more than then acceptable mother." I assured her and she was relieved. "Mother what shall we do today?" I asked. We spent the day together very happily.

Youngbae

The moon was now out and I was dressed for bed. I looked out the window and you could see the light of town from here. I am staying in Luna's parent's room while I stay here. Her mother wanted me to be comfortable, Luna didn't want her mother to be uncomfortable. So I slept in here while Luna's mother slept in her room. Luna was going to sleep in the living area I felt bad but I know how to fix it. Suddenly a thought crossed my mind, Luna's father has not come home today meaning I have not met him yet. I know her relationship with him is not the best but should he not have come home long ago? I thought to myself till there was a knock on the door. I opened it to see Luna standing there with a smile.

"Hello, beautiful." I greeted her with a sensual smile and she couldn't help but shake her head. "you are such a seductress you know that" she says as I take her hands and pull her into the room happily. " That word is more commonly used for women you know that?" "I know but you embody that term very well." she says. "do you need something?" I asked pushing a piece of hair out of her freshly washed face. "no, I just wanted to make sure you were settled in or see if you needed anything before I go to bed." she explained. "no, I am fine," "I'm sorry it is not a place like the palace but." she tried to apologize she had no hand in. "there is no need for it to be a palace. I like it the way it is. now tell me, are you enjoying your trip so far?" I asked holding her waist. "yes I just left my mother's room, I think I can safely say she likes you." she says with a smile and I just kissed her forehead happily. " oh right I didn't meet your father, how do you know if he will be okay with his room having someone else in it?" I asked and she rolled her eyes at the mention of her father. " I could care less what he thinks. wherever he is the most likely will not be back for a while anyway," she says now wearing an annoyed look on her face. " I'm sorry." I said not meaning to upset her. "that's alright, I just don't want to talk about him right now." she says sitting on the ground as I followed holding her hand. "so tell me what do you want to do tomorrow?" she asked me and I smiled. "I want to treat you and your mother so some shopping." I said and she huffed. "my mother and I don't like to shop. we never have money to buy anything." she says forgetting that now she has a job that earns her money and she has me. "well that has changed since you began to work in the palace no?" I asked to remind her of her current position. "oh right, but still, you don't keep money by spending it." she says very careful of how she spends money. "true but treating yourself to something nice every once in a while is healthy for you." I said gently hitting her forehead with my own. " I guess but I wouldn't even know what to buy, I never go shopping." she explained a bit embarrassed. "well we will see tomorrow." is said and she just nodded. suddenly she got back to her feet and walked to the door. "where are you going?" I asked getting up as well. "I am going to bed now, why?" she asked. " why must you leave, sleep with me," I said grabbing her hand and pulling her back to the center of the room. " I can't I told my mother I would sleep in the living area, besides I don't need your actions waking her up in the night time telling her I am in here with you." she said poking my chest. "what if im quite?" I asked and she just there mouth gaped at my slick words. "no, you sir are too risky, goodnight." she says and tries to walk out the door but she didn't get too far before I caught her with my arms and pulled her back into my embrace to place kisses on the left side of her neck and cheek. Her arms held my own but they didn't push me away, instead, she moved them to close the room doors softly before she turned around and her lips met my own and our night went forward.