Chapter 24

Luna's Pov

"Mother, I need your help." I heard my son Leon's voice call me from my room. I walked out and saw my son sitting on the ground, an adorable 7-year-old, looking at his studies with a sad face. "what's wrong?" I asked taking a seat next to him. "Mother, I need help with my studies. I don't know what to write." he explained frustrated with his work. " let me see." I said taking the book from his lap and reading it over. "you have to write about yourself. like your name, how many family members you have, how old you are, what you like to do for fun. its something simple that tells others about you." I explained to him in simpler words than his book did. I am his teacher as well so he knows doing studies is very important.

It's been 7 years already since I left the palace and it has gone by quickly when I think about it. February of the following year, I gave birth to my beautiful son Leon. He means the world to me and more, though he is my son Liluo and Lucas has raised him with me so he is their child as well. Leon is a smart boy so when he was thought of the members of a family he was able to see the difference between others and his own. I am very thankful to Lucas because he is Leon's male influence but Leon knows Lucas is not his father. After constant asking, I told him the truth, somewhat. I told him he has a father that is alive, but he doesn't know about him. I didn't want to tell him everything so all I told him was that I didn't want anything to do with his father. My son took that and after a while of I have no idea what he was doing he told me he never wanted to meet or talk about his father. So I did as he wished, and I never talked about him.

"Leon, Luna I'm home." Liluo greeted us happily. Liluo has grown into more of a beauty as she got older. Leon got up and greeted her with a hug before we both started helping her with what she needed.

After a while dinner was ready and Lucas had arrived home as well. They both have grown more mature and I am very thankful to them both. "Leon, why don't you come and play with me while they finish?" Lucas asked my son who agreed at the speed of light and raced off. We laughed at my little man as he jumped into his uncle's arms and they walked out of the house. We had moved a few years ago due to Leon getting bigger and needing his own room. Till he was 3 he slept with me mostly, sometimes with the others. "Luna how was your day?" Liluo asked as I chopped green onions. "It was fine, after work, I just took Leon for a walk before we got home and I helped him with his studies," I explained. "Oh right, Sir Volden told me to tell you hello." She says with a knowing smile that made me laugh. "Him again?" I asked wiping my hand off before I grabbed red chilies and began to cut them. "Luna, he is a nice man. He has a good job and seems really interested in you. He even seems to like Leon." Liluo says but I shook my head silently. "Luna, it's been seven years, when will you start living your life again. Look at you." Liluo says taking the knife out of my hand and pulling me to a mirror. "Luna, you are a smart, caring, hardworking, beautiful woman, who deserves all the love in the world. You also deserve to give yourself a sec and chance." She says resting her chin on my shoulder as we looked at me in the mirror. "I still don't know about this Liluo, I mean what about," I said as I tried to come up with some random excuse. "I'm not saying you have to marry the next man you see, I'm just saying why don't you give some more men a chance to love you. And more importantly, give yourself a chance to show yourself some love as well." She says. "Aya my little Liluo is all grown up, now tell me, you are talking to me about love what about you. Have any men caught your attention?" I asked her, I saw her face turn pink before she turned to walk back to the kitchen. "Ya! Don't you avoid the question, Missy." I said chasing her back and we continued cooking. I would say I live a happy life here in Oden that I wouldn't trade for the world. I have a stable job, a healthy happy son, my family and friends that I have made here. There is nothing else in this world that I need.