chapter 36

A year later

Luna

It has been a whole year since I returned from Oden with my family. It was not as bad as I assumed it would be but I have a bit of a worry this year. Leon is a smart boy and he learns quickly so he is almost on the same level as Xander when it comes to being capable of being the crown prince. I still prefer Leon to just stay normal but there are two things that won't allow that. One the Emperor and his mother insisting Leon be in the race. Along with my constant doubt about Prince Xander, I adore him no question but there are so many things that do not add up about his being I do not know what to do other than doubt it. Things that surround his birth like the timing, Jane's carelessness when she was pregnant, his looks. Things that Leon saw like what sounds like a false pregnancy belly but at the same time, Xander didn't know what it was either so there is a chance he doesn't know anything about this stuff either. Leon and I are currently in a carriage arriving back to the palace from my mother's home. we recently went on a trip to visit her and celebrate her birthday. Last time we had visited, she had told me what happened to her and my father after I left. I was surprised to hear my loving and gentle mother, who cared for him more than her own life, kicked him out of her home and her life. She had finally grown tired of dealing with him and decided he didn't deserve her love and affection. I was happy to hear this and even happier to hear my mother had moved on and had been seeing a man in the city who takes good care of her. I met him while we were visiting and he was very kind and respectful to everyone so I approved and he was nothing like my father who I have no idea where he is now. We got out of the carriage and walked hand and hand into the palace. Leon was happy to be home and excited to see his father and brother after his few days trip. One thing I do love about Xander is that unlike his mother, he treats Leon with love and care as if they were blood brothers. If you ask me what I would do if we were to find out that Xander was not a child of the Emperor, I would ask for the Emperor to spare him on his behalf. Xander grew up in the palace and it's all he has ever known. He doesn't know where he comes from and its not his fault. It's his mother's who I would not help in this situation. Leon let go of my hand and began to run to the throne room to go see his father. Worried he would interrupt something I chased after I'm to stop him but my son was too fast.

Youngbae

I sat in my throne facing two travelers who stood before me that are here to represent their country. Sir Lester and his lady Dianna of Eggraw are here to speak with me about political relations between our countries. Our countries are not on bad terms but we don't really have a relationship so they are here to suggest a start to one. It is quite obvious that sir Lester is a businessman and his lady adores him but there is something about him you would have to watch out for. "Father!" I looked to see Leon running into the throne room happily. I smiled before I got up and walked down the stairs with my arms open to hug him. When I got down he jumped into my arms happily and hugged me. I missed him for the past days he had been visiting his grandmother. "Leon, your home. How was visiting your grandmother?" I asked holding him while I walked back up to my throne and took a seat. "it was fun, we celebrated her birthday and played a lot of games, and ate a lot of good food." My youngest son was too cute to put in words and he melts me every time I'm with him. "This is my youngest son, Prince Leon. He has just returned from a trip with his mother to visit his grandmother." I informed them of Leon's identity and they bowed to my son. "Hello, I'm 2nd Prince Leon. It is a please to meet you." Leon says in English getting up and bowing to them properly and respectfully. "Prince Leon, your English is very good. who tough you? was it your very charming father?" lady Dianna asked looking at me with eyes unwanted by me. "No, My mother taught me since I was smaller," Leon says. "Where is your mother?" I asked wanting to see Luna as well. Just then Luna made her entrance just as beautiful and graceful if not more than when she left. As she walked I saw Sir Lester follow her with his eyes fixed on her every move. she got to the center of the room and bowed to me respectfully. "Greeting your majesty, I'm sorry to interrupt, I was trying to stop Leon form coming in but he was too fast," she says but it made me smile. "Lift your head Luna and greet Sir Lester and Lady Dianna form Eggraw." she did as I said and greeted them before she turned back to me. Leon got up and pulled her hand to bring her to the other side of him near me to sit. "This is my trusted scholar and Leon's mother Luna Pain." I introduce Luna without taking my eyes off of her and smiling. This past year with her home has been good and much better than the years when she was gone. She has helped me with many things and has brought me so much happiness. "She is a vision of beauty your majesty," Lester says making me look at him. I am used to people complement Luna but they do not show such lust in their tone when they speak about her in my presence. I could see the look in his eye as he watched the woman I love but I could also see how Luna avoided his eyes disgusted by him. I didn't want him looking at her anymore so I spoke. "Luna Leon, can you please go to your palace and wait for me there. I would like to finish talking with them before I go and play with you." I requested. Luna took Leon away and I put my focus back to our talk before they came in. "Your Majesty, im sure you would like to take time to be with your family. why don't we talk about this more in detail at another time? so you can go and be with your son and wife." Lester suggested and I was fine with that. I smiled when he called Luna my wife because I want her to be but sadly she still isn't. "That is fine, I hope you will be joining us all for dinner," I said getting up and leaving my throne room to find Luna and Leon. I walked around till I found Leon and Xander playing together but Luna was not around.