chapter 37

Luna

It's been a few days of me avoiding Sir Lester as I think of how to get closer to him without him thinking I am romantic attracted to him. I have not seen the Emperor lately as well and I don't know why but I don't want to bother him. Leon has been busy with his studies lately so we have not been able to spend much time together and I miss him. Tonight, the Emperor has request lady Jane and I to join him for a private dinner without our children. I left my palace to find something to do when I ran into Sir Lester and lady Dianna. I greeted them but I decided I needed to start talking to Lester as soon as possible. After a quick conversation, we agreed to talk again privately, however lady Dianna didn't seem to like that Idea. The day was not really any different than the past few until it was dinner time and I was taken to a different place than normal. In the room sat the Emperor, Jane, and the Empress mother waiting for me I apologized before I took my seat that was the seat on the right side of the Emperor. I assumed it was left open for me because the other 3 were already seated. Jane's eyes were on me like always but she spoke at the same time. " Your Majesty, why did you ask me to eat with you privately tonight? our Xander is all alone," she says looking at him with childlike eyes. "Lady Jane, Luna it has been a year since I have had both of the young princes in the palace. they are both smart and capable young boys and they love each other but it is about the time I have to start making my decision of who to give the title of crown prince to." he says I avoided eye contact while Jane lit up like a light bug on a dark summer night. "your majesty, I know you want the competition to be fair but you need to be logical. Xander is older than Prince Leon meaning he is bigger, smarter, more skilled and mature than the baby prince it only makes sense to make my Xander the crown prince." Jane says and it angered me that she underestimated my son. "Luna what do you think?" the Empress mother asked me. "well, I understand lady Jane's thought that the older child is better but age and performance have no correlation. Yes, my son is younger but he is is the same level academically as prince Xander. not to mention how skilled he is in dealing with royal matters at his young age." I pointed out making Jane upset. "Your majesty, how can you truly make Leon the crown prince? Everyone knows he was not born here and we all know the people will not accept such a." Jane didn't get to finish her sentence before I slammed my hands on the table and stood up. "You Lady Jane are playing a game out of your ability. I warn you now to stop where you are or suffer the punishment later," I said while getting closer to her. I could tell she was scared because she was leaning back as I got closer to her. "You don't scare me, Luna, if your son was who you claim he is you would not act the way you do." she says attempting to make them believe I was overreaction to cover something that wasn't there." oh no Jane, the way im acting to protect my son from witches like you who are hungry for power and will step on anyone they can to get it." I said but the Emperor had enough of us. "both of you calm down and take your places. Jane, we have been through this time and time again but you seem to never learn. Both princes will be treated fairly when it comes time for me to decide who will be the crown prince. I expect the two of you to stay out of the way." The Emperor says getting up and leaving the two of us in the room. When he was gone, Jane spoke. "You better prepare yourself, Luna. There is no chance your son will take the crown in the future. Our Emperor will be Xander." She says I smiled annoyed at her. "You know had you not attacked my son, I would have told the Emperor for the hundredth time that I don't want Leon to be the crown prince but no. You decided to dig your own grave." I could see her eyes were surprised and regret. "No matter, Xander is a better choice than Leon I have nothing to fear by you." "The Emperor said the children will be judged equally so I have full confidence in my son's ability to prove he is capable of being the crown prince. However, you, on the other hand, I have a fight with. I have nothing against prince Xander but if I have to do some digging on you to protect my son. Don't think I will hesitate to do so." I said getting up and leaving her there with a worried face.