chapter 21

Luna's Pov

It has been a month since lady Jane announced her pregnancy. November is when she is expected to give birth. I honestly have nothing against lady Jane, even if she has been nothing but cruel to me since I got here. Even now, I convinced the Emperor to spend more time with her, being good to her, because she is with a child and he must be gentle. "When he told me what he said to her that day, I scolded him as if I were his mother. No matter our relationship, you still must respect the woman who is carrying your child as if she were a human. Because of my words, the Emperor spent more time with lady Jane and due to being so close and bonding over the expecting baby, they have become closer to one another. You could say I am jealous but I am not worried, I know the Emperor loves me and is just doing this for his child. Although things between the two are going well, I can't say the same for Jane and myself. I don't know why but ever since the Emperor started to spend time with her, we three have constantly butted heads even the Emperor and I. I don't know how but somehow I tend to get in trouble when I am around the two. Whatever happens, gets blamed on me and the Emperor sends me away. I have done nothing wrong so I don't understand why being the constantly being sent away.

Right now I am on my way to Lady Jane's chambers. She summoned me because she says she has something to say to me. Thankfully I have some things to say to her as well. When I arrived, I told Liluo to prepare some tea to help lady Jane with and pains in her body. I walked into the room and saw Jane laying on her side in her bed. " greetings Lady Jane." I greeted her respectful as always. "Scholar Luna." She says not looking at me but with a not telling caring voice. "How are you and the baby doing?" I asked out of genuine concern. "The baby an I are doing just fine thank you, it shouldn't be long now before he or she is here. Running around the palace." She says turning to look at me, I looked at her with a smile. "Luna I have summoned you here because I have something to say to you." She says suddenly turning serious. "I know I have some things I would like to say to you as well." I confessed. "Well, by all means, you go first." She says sitting up, I took a deep breath before I spoke. "Lady Jane I want the fighting between you and myself to the stop." I said firmly. "Oh?" She asked. "Ever since I came to the palace, you and I have done nothing but argued with each other. I hope that before your child arrives you and I can learn to get along. I do not blame you for our arguing because I know your hormones are high due to your pregnancy but I just want to let you know my feelings." I said genuinely. "I see, well let me ask you. What would it take for you to leave the palace?" She asked and the question had me surprised. "Why do you ask that?" I asked her unsure of her intentions. "To be honest Luna, I know that there is no way you an I will live in peace together. That means one of us will have to leave and being the one carrying royal blood I can not be the one to go." She says. "Lady Jane, I do not understand why we can not peacefully co-exist. What have I done to you for you to hate me so much?" I asked growing a bit frustrated. " Luna ever since you came here you have given me nothing but a headache. You stole the Emperor 's heart and favor, how can I live with you. The only way I can get his attention is to have a child!" She yells at me. "So this is still about my relationship with the Emperor. Lady Jane having a child with someone will not make them love you if they don't already." I explained but was too upset to consider my words. "Do you truly have no hatred towards me. After everything from before. The fact that once my child is born I will become the Emperor 's wife. " she says getting up and walking over to me. "That is not for certain yet." I said. "How do I know you will not torcher my child?" She says randomly. "Huh?" I asked not understanding why she suddenly just jumped to that. "When I become Empress, there will be nothing you can do." She says. "Lady Jane I do not believe our arguments should invoke a poor child." I said. "Oh, really why not?" She asked. "What has the child done to be pulled into our fighting. It is a defenseless being how could I be so cruel." I said. "I know you wish you could kill me or my child if you had the chance!" She yelled. How could she say such a thing? You, how dare you say such a thing about me!" I yelled at her at last. Suddenly she fell to the ground, her maid ran to her side. "How dare you hit my master!?" Woori yelled at me. "What?!!!" I shouted. "You know I." I was about to finish but my arm was grabbed. I looked over to see the Emperor furious. "Your majesty." I said but he dragged me out of the room l bit tougher than my liking. When we exited the room, he let me go and yelled. "Luna I am surprised by you. How dare you hurt lady Jane?!" He yelled at me. I was so shocked I said nothing for a moment. "You think I put my hands on her?" I asked him in disbelief. "Have you forgotten she is pregnant with my child?" He says angrily. "No I did not forget, and that is why I did not touch her. Not just because it is your child but the fact she is even with a child. I would never do such a thing." I yelled back at him. "How can you be so rude, you yell at your Emperor ?" He says pointing his finger at me. "And what stops you from wrongly yelling at me?" I said back. "I saw Jane on the ground and heard you yelling at her. If you were in my shoes what would you do." He yelled and I had enough. "I would see what really happened before I accuse anyone of anything." I said before I turned away and walked to my room.