Hotel Grimm: The Brave and The Powerful

This is a work of fiction. Characters, places, and events are either created by the author or used to make the story a simulated one. If similarities of actual persons and actual incidents are discerned, it is merely coincidence.

Bear in mind that plagiarism is a serious crime, and it is punishable by the law which anchors on the Republic Act No. 8293, known as the "Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines".

Info to ponder on: The Dragon in The Garden of Eden posted by Rebecca Frech on Patheos

I've always thought of the devil of the Garden of Eden as a snake like I could see today - small, cunning, wheedling

I've always thought of the devil of the Garden of Eden as a snake like I could see today - small, cunning, wheedling. Adam and Eve I imagined to be beguiled, talked into eating that apple the same way a used car salesman talks you into buying a lemon.

Then this morning I read a post by Pascal-Emmanuel Gobry, and all of that got turned on its head.

There are traditions, he noted, in which the serpent in the garden is not small, snake-like, and whispering lies. He's very much a fearsome dragon, before he is cursed into legless mortification. He oppresses, threatens, and intimidates. Eve trembled in fear at his awesomeness rather than being simply seduced into disobedience as she bit into the fruit, hoping to avoid pain and even the unknown-until-now death.

The failure of Adam, then, is not merely that he is morally weak and easily persuaded. His failure lies in his spinelessness, his cringing, his disobedience, and his refusal to protect not just his wife; but all of creation. The very same creation which had been designed for and entrusted to him by God, Adam wasn't willing to chance his health and safety to defend.

✦✧✧ --- ✧✧✦

Hotel Grimm: The Brave and The Powerful

After a string of misfortunes in the mortal world, orphaned Vaniellope Kiuna 'Una' Gomez finds herself surrounded by strange creatures aboard the mysterious midnight train bound for the Beast Republic.