25

Taemi

My eyes fluttered opening to the sound of beeping. I lifted myself up but then was pushed back down with two strong hands. "Taemi-ah, please stay down." I recognised the voice and instantly shot up. "A-ara?" Her smile was vibrant and fresh as she she held my held tightly. "I found you Taemi, I finally did." I tried to reply back however nothing came out. "Shhhh it's okay. Just rest and I will explain everything later. Just know that something big might happening."

Not fully understanding the lass part, I nodded gently but instantly regretted that decision as I felt a sharp pain in my neck. "Don't worry taemi it's healing quickly, j-just sleep okay." I closed my eyes allowing the mattress to swallow me as I sunk deeper and deeper into its softness.

Ara

I smiled as her heart rate slowed, indicating that she went to sleep. I stood up and gently touched her cheek. "I'm sorry Taemi but I have to do this, for my happiness." I chuckled and walked away leaving her there. I looked back one more time  "No one can save you now." I shut the door and teleported to my house which was located a few blocks away.

Unlocking the door, I was greeted by my mother who sat on the white leather sofa, sipping her tea, keeping her beach as straight as a pencil.

Her eyes shifted to me as I sat on the sofa far away from her. "How is she?" Her voice pierced through my ears like daggers. "Why do you care?!" I replied back with anger and disgust. "Now Ara." She placed her cup down and folded her right leg over her left knee. "You know what happened to you the last time you spoke to me like that." Her eyes shot daggers at me and I swiftly rolled my eyes.

"I-I'm not a kid any more." I said with confidence.

"Say that again." She stood up walking to me as I repeated her actions quickly.

"I'm not a kid any more!" I raised my voice speaking with even more confidence. She stopped in her steps at my sudden remark. She raised her hand and I flinched at her actions and closed my eyes for fear. I waited for the pain to sting through my cheek but nothing happened. I opened my eyes at the sudden touch on my cheek. My mother smiled at me as she continued caressing my cheek.

"My baby, has grown up." Tears started to flow out my eyes. "I'm sorry Ara but when your father died, I wanted, no I needed someone there and that's why I needed gong yoo (Taemi's dad). But now I realised his love was never truly mine. Two people had already taken his heart and I had to get rid of them however, only succeeding in ending one, the time has come to kill the other." She smirked at her last words before her hand left my cheek.

"Now, take me to that boy, Jimin. I need to speak with him." I nodded and led her to the basement. She opened the door and looked at me one last time. " I-I love you." I stood back in disbelief. Finally the words i have been yearning to hear was finally said but why, why did I feel nothing? I smiled back and left.