Chapter 1

Ugh, I hate the first day of school. It always gives me back the feeling of stinky school smell and icky looks of teachers. Thank God me and Ray are still in the same class or I swear that I'll be so empty without her.

"Ray!" I yell as I see her through the sea of people. "Par!" She yells back when she saw me. We run towards each other, suddenly feeling like everyone made way for us so that we wouldn't trip over someone's foot.

And the fact that everyone knows that we're crazy besties.

We crash into each other and laugh when we fall onto the floor. "Oh shit." I curse as I stand back up, taking my glasses from the floor before doing so. "You can say that again," She says as she brushes away imaginary dirt off her clothes.

"Oh shit." My lips turn into a grin. I wear my glasses and blink a few times to adjust the lighting. "I miss you so baaad," She drags the last word longer. "Who wouldn't miss me, bitch? I'm amazing." I flip my hair dramatically. She rolls her eyes. "And I thought that your ego will be a lot smaller after the holidays."

I laugh. "Well it didn't change at all. It's still in the middle level." I did a sign with my hand to show the level of my ego. She opens her mouth to disagree with my statement but an announcement is made.

"Welcome to Rafflesia High School everyone! Students, teachers and staffs, please assemble in the Multipurpose Hall on level 1 of the school. We are very happy to see old and new faces in the school today. Once again, welcome to Rafflesia High School everyone!" Our principal, Mr. Chang, announces through the speakers.

I shrug. "I guess that's our cue to move," I say as I adjust my bag. "Hey you changed your bag." Ray mentions, noticing that I am not carrying the usual bag that has the Union Jack on it.

"Yeah I thought I needed a new start on things so I bought this one. Plus, the old one has a hole on it," I clarify as I look back to take a peek at the red Adidas logo on the bag.

"But you don't like Adidas; you're a Nike supporter. And why red in particular? You like the colour blue," She points out as we walk up the stairs. "I don't know, I mean they have it in another colour but I just had this weird feeling that an angel is telling me to buy Adidas in red."

She gives me a look, trying to say what-kind-of-logic-is-that?. "Who knows, maybe a guy is going to wear a bag with a Nike logo which is blue in colour and weirdly enough, he's going to be the guy of your dreams," She affirms jokingly but I could hear a hint of seriousness behind her voice.

I roll my eyes. "Until then, you'll be the guy of my dreams, Ray." I throw my arm over her shoulders as she giggles. "Silly lesbian bitch," She mutters as we walk into the hall.

It was packed with students from different levels; both new and old students laughing with their friends. I was trying to find our seats when all of a sudden, Ray taps my shoulder.

"Dude, I think I just found the guy of your dreams," She states as she continues to eye someone. I thought she is only joking so I ignore her.

No way in hell someone is wearing a blue Nike bag here.

But then this time, she hits my arm. "Ow!" I wince in pain. She is still staring at something so I decide to take a look. I follow her sight and found out that she is staring at a guy who is tall and wearing a blue Nike bag.

Oh my god.

"You can say that again," She whispers in my ear. "Oh. My. God." I say like I am out of breath. "I can't believe he really exists," She utters as I continue to stare at him. "He looks cute and oh my fuck, he has cheekbones!" I exclaim when he turns around.