Chapter 7

"Par! Par! Par!" I look up and see Katie running towards me. "Katie. What's up?" I ask while putting my pen down. She is panting a little so I let her cool down first before asking the question again.

She stands up straight and puts one of her hands on her hips. "Have you done your Science homework?"

I give her an are-you-kidding-me look. "Do I look like a person who has done their homework?" I ask while pointing to may own face. She takes a second to look at my face before nodding. "Sort of, I guess."

I tsk. "No, I have not." I utter as Zach appears in the corner of my eye. "And I think you should go now." She arches one of her eyebrows, trying to ask why. "The person you hate is coming this way." She takes a few seconds to process what I just said before giving me a small nod and walks away.

Zach drops his bag beside me. "Why was that skank here?" He asks while showing a grimace face. "Hey, whoa, take it easy now. No calling her names. She just asked me about homework. Take a chill pill and calm down." I clarify.

It's hard being friends with people who hate each other. You have to be the middle one who always needs to think before speaking about the other person. If you say something wrong, you're dead.

"Sorry. She just gets on my nerves sometimes." I mentally roll my eyes and continue to sketch. Sometimes? More like every time.

Just like me, Zach has the same interest as me -which is kind of a shocker - and that is drawing. I can sense him staring at my hand as I continue to sketch random pair of eyes. "That looks cool." He beams. I fake gasp. "Zach Johnson saying Paradice Newman's art is cool? Wow, this shit only comes once in a lifetime!" I state while making hand gestures and faces at him. He rolls his eyes. "I swear you are the weirdest kid I know, Par." He says and ruffle my hair. I swat his hand away. "I know."

"Paradice." Someone whispers behind me. I wear my glasses and turn to see Cara waving at me. I did a head gesture, trying to say 'what?'. "Can I see your Geography book?" She asks politely.

Trust me, don't be fooled by her politeness, cuteness and all things Cara because I swear sometimes she's cool but most of the time, she just makes you want to jump off a cliff and into a field full of insecureness and self-consciousness.

"Why?" I ask while taking my bag from the floor so I can search for it. The perfect student wants my book, how unusual. "We needed to do pages 30 until 35 so I wanted to check my answers."

Immediately, I stop searching and turn to face her again.

"We had homework on Geo?!" I exclaim and frantically search my book in the bag so I can do it as fast as I can. After the next 2 periods is Geography and dammit, if Miss Francesca knows that I didn't do my homework, might as well just fuck myself.

I take out my book and lay it on my desk, forgetting about my art. Why didn't you say that earlier, you two-faced bitch? I mentally curse Cara. "Never mind then." I hear her mutter under her breath.

"Dun dun dun dun." Zach sings after he looks at the empty pages in my book. "Stop it." I grit between my teeth as I take out my textbook and search for the answers.

All of a sudden, I stop and turn to Zach. He raises an eyebrow at my sudden moves. "What?" He questions. "Can I borrow your Geo book?" I plead, feeling my laziness coming out. He shrugs and takes out his book. "But I'm not sure if the answers are corre-" I cut him off by snatching the book out of his hands. "Thanks." I say and copy the answers as fast as lightning.

I see someone standing in front of me but I didn't care. I didn't stop writing but it's kinda hard to concentrate as Tucker keeps calling my name in front of me.