Chapter 22

I was so into the book that I didn't even hear Austin calling my name.

"Paradice." He yell-whispers. I put my bookmark in the middle of the pages and then close it. "Hi, Austin." I whisper and then put the book inside my bag.

"So... Are you going to tell me what was that all about?" He points his thumb sideways, indicating that he is talking about my outburst in the MPH. I sigh and shake my head. "Just some problems, I guess." I murmur and then wave at the librarian as we walk out the library.

He chuckles softly and then adjust his badminton bag. "I'm your boyfriend, honey. You can tell me anything." Honey; I swear that word will be the death of me. "Well baby," His eyes twinkles a little at the ridiculous pet name. "He said some hurtful things to me and I got mad - or jealous, I don't know." I sigh again.

We walk down the stairs together and then he puts his hand on my shoulder. "Let me guess, he said something about me leaving you for someone else." He utters and then chuckles to himself. I feel heat rising up my cheeks. "Well, yeah. And I just can't help but believe it." I affirm, my voice getting smaller and smaller.

We stop walking and my eyes wander around, distracting myself from actually looking at his face. "Par," He grasps my chin and makes sure that he can stare into my eyes.

"I can hear your heart inside of mine. I thought that I was just wasting time and I hope that you won't run from me. But now, you see Par," He wraps his hands around mine. "I now know that everything is worth it. Every ounce of breath I've wasted, everything is for you. So don't you ever doubt that I will leave you because I wouldn't do that. I love you too much to do it." He gives me a small smile after his speech.

I feel tears pickering in my eyes and I wrap my arms around his waist. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have doubt anything. I love you, Austin." I cry into his chest. His fingers run through my hair as he shushes me. "Shh, it's okay. We are okay." He says and it made my worries go away.

"You sort of quoted from One Direction." I state after a few seconds of silence. He laughs and then holds me at an arm's length. "And it worked, didn't it?" He laughs again. I couldn't help but join in too. "I guess so." I smile.

Honk. Honk.

"It's the driver." He announce and then we start to walk again. But then, Austin breaks into a run. "Last one there is a shithead!" He screams out and then laughs.

That asshole.

"Not fair! You had a head-start!" I call out and then run after him. I giggle but then yelp out in pain when I fell down onto the road. "Shit." I curse as I examine my knee. It was scrapped and blood is pouring out.

"Paradice!" I hear Austin yell from afar and then the sound of him running. "Are you okay? You looked hurt." He states as he squats down next to me. "No shit." I hiss in pain when he touches the wound.

He takes my bag off and then sprints to the van, leaving me all alone. "The hell?" I question myself as I try to stand up. "Calm your tits, hun." I turn and notice Austin putting up his palm, telling me to stop. I mentally slap him for leaving me all alone in pain for two minutes.

Suddenly, he literally sweeps me off my feet. "Whoa, what are you doing?!" I exclaim as he cradles me. I try to push him off but then know better not to because I would fall. Again.

"Taking you to the nurse. I told the driver that you were hurt and then he said, I quote: "She better not spill blood all over my van." I roll my eyes. "Sure." I give out a sarcastic laugh as my grip around his neck gets tighter, scared that I would fall.