Chapter 17

Everyone can see how furious I was when Cara left the class with Austin but no one mentioned it because they knew better. If they did mention, it will end with them having a broken neck.

"Par," Amie calls, being extra careful with her words.

"What?" I snap. But before I know what happened, Scott was by her side. When Amie sees him standing next to her, colour fills her cheeks. The corner of my mouth curve upwards as I see her shuffling awkwardly around him.

"I'll talk to her if you'd like me to, Par." He suggests with a frown.

Did I mention that Cara actually has a boyfriend but apparently she doesn't give a flying fuck about him? Instead, she's out there whoring around with Austin.

I could see that he was sad that he saw his own girlfriend went out with someone else instead of him. I feel sorry for him but it's not my fault that she is so packed with wonderfulness that every boy wants her.

Times like this makes me wonder why he wouldn't date Amie instead. Even though she's not as smart or as pretty as Cara, but I'm sure she loves Scott more than Cara loves him.

"It's alright." I wave my hand in dismissal. "But..." I trail off.

You could help me snap her damn neck but I know that you couldn't do that because even though you are filled with jealousy, you really love her. But I guess you can snap Austin's neck if you want to. But then again, I love Austin and even though he can be bipolar sometimes and can be a total jerk face, I'm sure there's a seed of good-nature in him. So...

"... Never mind." I dismiss my thoughts and sit on my chair.

Zach sits next to me and gives me a piece of rough paper - obviously taken from my file of rough papers - and a pencil. I give him an appreciative smile. He knows just what to do when I am sad or just cursing out someone (you know who I'm talking about) mentally.

"Thanks." I express my gratitude to him. I pick the pencil up and start sketching what ever shits that pops into my mind. No one is disturbing me as I sketch and honestly, I am grateful for that.

You are nothing to me. Austin's words keep floating in my head. No matter how much I try to push the thoughts away, they keep coming back. I grip the pencil harder due to the anger bubbling inside me.

He can go and rot in hell for all I care. But that's the problem; I do care.

I start to draw out flames to project my anger to something else. I also start to practise calligraphy by writing out the two words in the note that keep swirling in my mind.

Not long after, Zach starts sketching beside me. I turn to look at him for awhile but I ended up staring at him. His eyes are staring at the paper like it was the most precious thing on Earth while his hand continues to do their magic.

He isn't the handsomest boy but he isn't the worst one either. His jet black hair is lying on top of his head messily and every time it covers his eyes, he would brush them to the side. It is a habit that he had which is incredibly cute.

Zach stops drawing and smiles, his dimples showing. "Done." He announces. Then, he turns to me and I quickly snap back to my own drawing, preventing him from noticing that I was just staring at him.

Even though he looks cute with those dimples and that smile, I knew that he will always be a friend to me and of course, vice versa.

"Ehem." He clears his throat.

"Yeah?" I turn my head and gasp when I saw his drawing. The girl in the drawing had beautiful straight hair and her eyes were staring at a flower that she was holding. A smile was plastered on her face and even though she didn't show her teeth, it was clear that she was happy with the rose in her hand.