Chapter 25

"Paradice?" I hear mum calling me, accompanied with a knock on my door. "Yeah?" I call out while saving my assignment. Afterwards, I turn to look at her.

"Katie is here." She announce and I stand up after closing my laptop. "Cool." I smoothen my knee-length, red with white polka-dots dress and take my sling bag that was hanging from my doorknob. But before I could even walk to the stairs, my mum pulls me back.

I mentally grumble.

"Be careful, Dice. Remember to always pay attention to your surroundings. I've already put some money in your purse just in case you need to buy anything." I roll my eyes. "Mum, I'm fifteen, not five." I state and she sighs. "I know, darling. I'm just protective." She pretends to wipe off her fake tears.

"Go on then. Have fun and be back before six." I nod and go down the stairs. "I love you, Dice." My mum reminds me as I open the door. I smile and turn to her. "Love you too, mum." I say and goes out.

I fasten my pace and open the door of Katie's mum's car. "Hi, Mrs Chang." I greet her and then give Katie and Kendall an appreciative nod. "Hi, Paradice." She greets back and we are on our way.

"So, are you ready to see whoever we are sending you to?" Kendall questions and I bob my head. "Yes, of course. Thanks for helping me, guys. I really appreciate it." Katie waves her hand in dismissal. "It's cool. I owe you one anyway." She says and I smile.

I just couldn't wait to see him and his family.

Before I continue, let's just go a few thousands steps back so I can explain how this came to be.

~~~

"Par!" I hear Austin call me and I turn my heels. "Oh, hey, Austin." I say and continue walking towards the library, backwards.

"Hey, um..." He scratches the back of his neck. "I was wondering if you would like to come to my house this weekend? It's my brother's birthday and I don't know, maybe you'd like a head-start before our date?" He suggests it kind of fast but luckily, I still get it.

I shrug, turn around and then pushed open the library door even though it clearly stated that people should pull open the library door. Oh well, it works both ways so why bother?

"Yeah, I would like that very much. You've met my parents so it's only fair if I met yours." I take a quick glance at him. When I thought it isn't possible, his face becomes as red as a chilli pepper. "Really?" His lips curves upwards. "Really." I give him a smile as I return my book to the library.

His grin becomes wider. "Well, that's settle then. I'll text you the address and hopefully I'll see you there." He gives my hand a squeeze. "I'm sure that you can avoid questions from you mother?" He asks. I did a bored wave. "I'll think of something."

"Okay then, I've got to go. Kevin said he needed me to help him with football." I nod and walk towards the literature section. "Laters, baby." I say without looking at him.

I expected him to say something back but he just gives me a hug from behind. "Did you just quote that from Fifty Shades of Grey?" He asks into my ear. I gasp. "You read the book?" I raise my eyebrow while turning around, feeling a little excited if he does; it'll be another thing that we have in common.

He shakes his head. "No, you know I hate books. But, I did watched the movie so I've hear that line a few times before." I give him a look. "You watch porn?" I ask without even processing what I just said. Seeing some of the kids running around the library, I wish I had a filter for my mouth. "You read porn?" He mocks back while giving me a smug look.