Chapter 6

"Tell me why must we wear red again?" Ray asks as we walk into the school together. "Don't ask me. If I get to choose what colour we should wear, I would've chose blue." She rolls her eyes. "You and your blue colour obsession." I just laugh her off.

She nudges me and smiles. "At least we get to play the drums today." This time, I roll my eyes playfully. "You and your drum obsession." She laughs and shrugs. "I just love it and don't try to deny the fact that you love it too." She says while pointing at me.

I leave that comment be as we walk towards the hall for practice. "Do you think the coach will come today?" She asks as we put our bags down in one corner. "I swear if he doesn't come today I will slap him silly. It's fine if he doesn't come days before but today is the day we perform!" I exclaim.

"But if he doesn't come, we have you to guide us. I mean, you did very well on teaching us this week," She praises while giving me a thumbs up. I shake my head. "This is different. If we mess this up, that means I've brought shame to everyone because I failed to lead you guys."

Ray raises an eyebrow. "So technically you just want the coach to come today so that you can blame him when our performance suck."

I grin. "Exactly."

~~~

We have a few minutes left before the performances start and honestly, I'm nervous as hell.

I take a sit next to Henry as I didn't want to look lonely without Ray. She was helping Amie with God-knows-what and I didn't follow because I was lazy to walk around. "So... You ready to perform?" He asks and I glance at him.

"Nope and I'm sure that it's going to suck," I groan into my hands.

"I don't think so." Shit. I look up and see Austin aka Mr. Nike sitting down next to Henry. "I think you guys will kill it. You did a great job on leading them this week, Par - and without the coach's help if I may add," He comments with a smile.

God, what the hell am I feeling here?

There's a tingling sensation in my stomach and I couldn't stop smiling when I'm talking to Austin.

I don't even know him really well yet. Please don't fall in love with him, conscious.

"Thanks," I say, taking the compliment. "Hey, are you excited to see the Lion Dance?" I ask as I point at the stilts the people are putting up. "Yeah, I think it's cool that they decided to present the ancient Chinese art of the Lion Dance on Presentation Day," Austin points out.

Henry puts his hand up, trying to call someone. "Kara!" He yells as he stood up. Please don't leave me with him. Kara turns and glance at him but then she turn back, continue walking to her seat.

"Geez," He mutters as he squeezes his way out of the seats.

Aaannnddd he left me with him.

But before the silence starts, he is suddenly on his feet.

"Hey look, it's the lion's head!" He mentions as he points to me the head of the lion costume that they are going to use in the dance. "Amazing!" I exclaim with the same enthusiasm as his.

He turns to look at me and somehow, as cliche as it sounds, I instantly felt a connection and I'm sure as hell that he felt it too because he didn't break away from our little staring contest. It was like our eyes were sending electric shocks to each other.

Oh fuck.

Don't tell I'm falli-

"Par! C'mon, we need to get ready at the back!" I hear Ray shout as I break from the trance. Mr. Nike turns into a shade of red and I'm one hundred percent sure that I was too.