Chapter 16

I keep a firm grip of the lanyard until my knuckles turn white.

"Fucking hell." I mutter to myself over and over again as I walk towards Austin's class to give him back his lanyard. I keep staring at the note that was in his card holder and my thoughts are all over the place.

Pure attraction.

The two words are making me lose my mind. The only meaning that I could think of for the word 'pure' that adds up to my - our - situation is that something is wholesome and untainted by immorality, which in this case is an 'attraction' that he has on something.

Or someone, my subconscious points out.

I try to connect the dots together but at the end, they all connect to the same conclusion:

Austin likes me.

I couldn't keep my thoughts straight and I keep making some calculations of my own. I couldn't believe that Austin would actually like someone like me because I always thought that he would go for Cara, seeing that he talks to her much and she's waaay prettier, smarter and whatever shits that are also included in the Cara pack.

But if he really likes me, well then, I guess my world has gone upside down. I attempt to push the thoughts away but no matter how much I try to push them away while I was walking towards Austin's classroom, the thoughts still keep popping out.

The 'what if 's are staring to kill me both mentally and physically.

I couldn't help but take out the note from the card holder that was hanging on the end of the lanyard. I open the note and see the two words again. It raises so many questions in my head that there are only question marks in my head instead of the other important shits that I should be thinking of.

Maybe it isn't what I think it is. Maybe this is just an illusion that will fade away right after I see his face. Maybe this was all just a misunderstanding. Maybe he said that he was thinking of the loo instead of saying 'you'. I know how bladders can be sometimes, especially when you are stressed.

Trust me, I've been to that station a few times in my life as I ride on the Life Express.

Austin.

Austin Lawson.

Austin fucking Lawson.

I couldn't blame him though if he says that I am always on his mind because I am facing the same problem too except I keep thinking of him instead of myself.

I may have a big ego but my ego isn't that big.

These few days, he occupies my thoughts and sometimes, it just gets annoying. Like occasionally, I would think about how we would be if we really end up together. Sort of like fantasising, I guess.

Finally after what seemed like a long-ass walk from the school garden, I reach Austin's classroom. Oh fuck, I curse inside my head. What the hell am I going to do when I see his face?

I shove the note inside my pocket because I want to know more about it even though I know that there are only two words on the damn note and the two words wouldn't help much but I know that I need to break the code.

I hope that he doesn't mind that I'm borrowing the note for awhile.

I suck in a deep breath and knock on the door. The teacher comes and opens the door for me.

"Yes?"

"Um... I'm here to see Austin." I squeak, too nervous to even talk.

I take a peek inside and see Austin standing up and walk towards the door which I am currently at. Fucking hell, I think that I am seriously pissing my pants here. He walks towards the door with his eyebrow raised but when he see me by the door, he immediately turns sour.