Chapter 15

I sit on my seat and groan. I turn my head to look at the mountains of homework which was piled on my table .

"Don't you just hate homework?" Zach points out beside me. I nod and moan. "I don't wanna do all of this." I snarl. "No one wants to but I guess you just have to."

I lay my head on his shoulder. "Help me, Zach." I whine. He laughs and pushes my head away playfully. "Nu-uh. I have homework of my own too, you know?" I giggle and lay my head back on his shoulder. "No, I do not know."

I look up and see him rolling his eyes. "I hate you, Paradice." I give him a grin and say, "I love you, Zach." I see the corner of his mouth twitching, indicating that he's trying his best not to smile.

Zach has been an old friend of mine that sometimes we just say we love each other without any hesitation. We both know that we are just great friends that care about each other very much.

But of course, some people don't know that he is just a friend to me.

"Stop being so lovey-dovey, you two." Amie gags as she sits beside Alyssa. "Yeah, I agree with her." Alyssa adds.

"I ship them!" Amie exclaim while doing a fist pump.

"I second that." Alyssa nods in agreement.

I roll my eyes at the two dipshits and raise my head from his shoulder. "For the hundredth time, we are not dating." I declare with a huff.

Like I've said, some people don't know that he is just a friend to me.

They both giggle and Zach spins his finger beside his head, motioning me that the two girls in front of us are crazy.

But then, Amie stops giggling and snaps her fingers. "No we can't ship them together." Alyssa pouts at her comment. "Why? They look cute together though." She says and sat down.

Amie turns to wink at me and I know what she meant. I smile at her appreciatively.

"Well if you two are done 'fangirling', if that's what you want it to be called, I am going to start on my homework. The teacher is coming and I can't stand another punishment." Zach mutters and opens his Maths book.

I fake gasp and touch my heart. He snaps his head up to look at me. "Zach Johnson is doing his homework? What a fucking surprise." I mock and laugh -more like cackling- at the end. He scoffs at my comment. "You are annoying as hell." He utters and looks down at his book again.

"You are annoying as hell." I point at him.

He snorts. "Yeah that's a really great comeback, Par." He says, sarcasm lacing through his words.

"Hey, I think it was pretty good." A voice sounds through our classroom. At this point, our classroom is pin-drop silent.

I turn and try to minimise the sound of my gasp but it is no use. I was sure that everyone hear my sharp intake of breath. "Austin?" I raises my eyebrow at him.

"Last time I check, you aren't a fifteen year old." I hear Cara point out at the back of the class.

Shut the fuck up, Cara fucking Craig.

"What are you doing here?" Katie asks while Kendall stands beside her. They look like gnomes compared to Austin's height. "Yeah, this is our class." She claims.

He gives out a laugh and raises his arms in defence. "No need to get too protective over your classroom. I'm just here to meet Paradice." As if on cue, everyone turn their heads to look at me at the same time.