Chapter 4

"Hey gay shit!" I hear someone shout as I stand at the guard house. I turn and see that it is Zach. I roll my eyes at him. "You are the gay shit here," I tell him as a matter-of-fact.

He gives me a pity yet smug look. "I know you're sad because Ray didn't come to school today." I finger gun him, showing that he's partly right. "Actually, I'm disappointed that she left me all alone in hell today." I explains.

I take off my glasses and rub my eye. Wearing glasses is annoying sometimes but honestly, I rather wear glasses than contact lens.

He throws his head back and laughs. "At least you have me," He claims proudly as he stands beside me. I scoff. "You? Puh-lease, I rather be alone than to be next to you." I put on my glasses and take a step further away from him.

Zach raises his eyebrow. "Oh really? Seems to me that you are next to me right now," He says as he gestures the space between us. I shrug. "We are friends though so I guess it's okay for me to be next to you," I state in defeat, not really in the mood to defend my ego.

He raises an eyebrow. "Wow, you are disappointed that Ray left you all alone in hell. You aren't even defending yourself." I shrug again, trying to tell him that he's right.

Just then, Mr. Nike walks in front of me while looking around, probably searching for our van.

"The driver is late again?" He asks. I wasn't sure who he was asking so I ignore him. Zach jabs me with his elbow. "I think he's talking to you, Par," He whispers into my ear. "You sure?" I ask. He was going to answer but his ride is here. He just nods at me and waves as he walks into his ride.

"Hey, the driver is late again?" Mr. Nike asks again, this time while looking at me in the eyes. I mentally gulp. "Y-yeah. I think so. He's always late," I state, trying my best to catch all the butterflies in my stomach and put them back in their cages.

He sighs. "Why must he be so horny when he needs to pick up kids from school?" I couldn't help myself; I burst into laughters and Mr. Nike joins me. "Oh God. I know right? He should pick us up first instead of pleasing his sexual needs first." I wipe away a fake tear.

"Wow how long must we wait for him?" He asks as he walks to stand beside me.

Oh God, what the hell?! Are you trying to kill me?!

"I don't know. Hopefully he comes soon," I utter. And maybe before I die because of the Mr. Nike feels. Then, there is silence between us.

An awkward one, if I may add.

"So... Your house is pretty big. And green too. Why does Henry always shout 'bye, girl-who-has-eight-CCTVs-in-her-house' when you get off the van?" I am a bit astonish when he speaks up but I try my best to keep my cool.

"It wasn't him who started that phrase honestly. Scott Preston was the one who thought of it. He's our old van-mate. He once counted the CCTVs in my house and thought there were ten of them but I told him there was only eight. Suddenly, he just starts to call me that and I think after he left our van, Henry wants to continue his legacy," I explain.

He nods and smiles. "Can I call you that too?" I giggle at his cuteness. His cheekbones are more define up close and honestly I'm dying inside. "Whatever floats on your boat." I smile at him too. He then shakes his head. "Maybe I'll just stick to Paradice."

Fucking hell, Ray. You were right. I still don't know his name yet he knows mine and I don't wanna ask him for his name because...

One, that's too cliche.

Two, it's been a week or so since the first say of school and it's embarrassing if I only ask him his name now.

Three, we're in high school, not kindergarten. We find out people's name through gossiping, not asking.

"That's cool," I say simply as I spot our van. "Oh thank God he's here," I announce as I nudge him towards the van.

Fuck, I just touched him with my elbow! Guess who's not going to wash their left elbow forever.

"Oh great," He mutters as we walked to the van. I raise an eyebrow at his tone because it sounded like it was meant to be sarcastic but I didn't question it. I climb up the van before Mr. Nike does. "Hey, where's Henry and the others?" I turn around and ask him. He shrug as he puts his bag down. "I saw him talking to Kara just now," He states as he leans forward. I could practically feel his breath on my face.

"Which Cara? Cara Craig or Kara Ford?" I ask. I swear having two friends that have the same name pronunciation and technically having the same name but different spelling is very confusing sometimes; most of the time really.

The sentence explaining their names are the same but technically different is already confusing enough.

He laughs and as cliche as it sounds, it was music to my ears. "Kara Ford. I'm not sure about the other Cara though," He says as we wait for the others. "I think Cara is in class finishing her Maths homework," I affirm as Kevin climbs on board.

"Why are only you two here? Are you guys dating or something?" I choke on air. "Hell no, Kev. We are just talking," Mr. Nike rolls his eyes. "Yeah, and we are not dating. We are just waiting for you shenanigans to climb on board faster." I cross my arms while frowning.

He shrugs. "You can always wait outside but you guys are choosing to wait inside and both of you are alone if I may add," He says while giving us a suggestive look, wiggling his eyebrow.

Me and Mr. Nike look at each other and give each other a what-the-hell-is-he-talking-about look. Then, I shake my head at Kevin, dismissing him as the others started to climb in.

"Finally." I hear Mr. Nike murmurs. I couldn't help but laugh and nod in agreement.

"Why are you and Austin in the van alone? Doing something suggestive I suppose?" Cara asks and I choke on air again. When I was done coughing, I give her the stink eye. "Obviously Kevin is in the van with us unless he's invisible to you or you have Kevin-blindness." I tell her and everyone laughs.

"I'm just joking, Par," She rolls her eyes but then pats my shoulder. I shake my head as the driver start the van.

And then, something hit me...

I got his name!

Oh hell, after one week of wondering, I finally have his name!

And all of this happened when Ray didn't come to school. I should've told her not to come last week so I can get his name last week.

Insert face-palm here.

"Austin," I suddenly blurt out. Fucking hell, why did I do that?! He turn to look at me and says, "Paradice." Bless the Gods above that he didn't question my weird act.

Well, now I'm very sure that his name is Austin so that's good news. Suddenly, someone behind us shouts out his name from the back, "SAM!" Everyone turn to look at him weirdly.

He eyes everyone and then shrugs. "What? Austin and Par was announcing their names to each other. Might as well do it too," He says innocently.

I roll my eyes and look out the window.

Austin.

Finally, a name to put on Mr. Nike's handsome face.