Chapter 27

"Mum," I call out for her as I open the back door which leads to our garden. I cant't believe that I'm going to ask her about this.

"Mum," I call out again. Then, something which is moving outside of our house catches my eye; an umbrella. She's going to fucking bury me alive.

I run outside and see her flowering the potted plants. She won't let me go. Fucking hell, what was I thinking?

"Mum," I breath and then mentally prepare myself for what I need to say next. Par, you are the best liar ever, you can do this. This is nothing.

"CanIgotosomeone'shousethisweekendIwannastudywithher. Pleasepleaseprettypleasewithacheeryontop." I say really, really quickly that the only respond I get from my mum is her mouth wide open and her eyes not blinking.

"What?" She finally unfroze and asks. I sigh and say the sentence slowly this time. "Can I go to someone's house this weekend? I want to study with Ashley. Please, please, pretty please with a cheery on top?" I beg as I cross my fingers behind my back.

Please let me go, please let me go. I really want to go to this date with Austin.

"Well, first things first, who is Ashley?" She turns to look at me and while staring at her light brown eyes, I suck in a harsh breath. "Um... Well, you see," My mum chirps in. "If you don't tell me the truth, I won't let you go, Paradice." She affirms and walk to the next flower pot to water it.

"Sheismyfriend'ssister." I state quite fast and under my breath but still understandable.

Technically, I'm not lying one-hundred percent so that's a good thing, right?

"You don't know her?!" My mum screeches. My hands automatically cover my ears at the sound of her voice. "Don't worry, mum. My friend is going to be at home at the time and Ashley is good in Maths and Science. She can teach me all the technics and that's what I need to pass my next exams." I explain smoothly.

My mum gives me a look but then she gets rid of the look and replaced it with a raise of an eyebrow. "Is she really that good?" She questions with concern laced in her voice. I nod eagerly. "Yes, she's a straight A student." Slowly, mum nods and I did a happy dance mentally.

"So, I can go?" I ask, trying to contain my excitement. "Yes, but you've got to ask your father yourself." Fucking hell. "Can't you talk to him for me?" I plead.

Like hell I'm telling my father about this. If he knows the real truth, he'll give me that disappointed look and I'll live my whole life in regret.

My mum rolls my eyes and stands up. "And what will I get out of this? What if your father says no?" She asks while crossing her arms in front of her chest. Oh, this woman is good. "If dad says no," I suck in a deep breath before doing this. "You can stop bringing me to Starbucks every week."

"Deal." My mum's eyes twinkle with delight. I know that my mum actually hates how I love Starbucks so much and the fact that it's expensive as hell. That's why this is a huge deal for her and a total loss for me if my dad says no.

Fucking hell, I really hope that dad lets me go.

~~~

"I can't believe you two actually agreed to this." I admit as I put in my seatbelt. I see my dad shrugging his shoulders as he reverses the car. "The feeling is mutual, Dice." He chuckles and then we are on our way.

I couldn't help but look at my wristwatch.

10:26 a.m.

I curse violently under my breath. At first, I told Austin that I was going to arrive at nine o'clock but then my dad needed to do some work so I said that I was going to be late. But then, now, it's almost afternoon yet I'm still in this damn car but I knew better than to ask my dad to drive faster because later he would grow suspicious.