Chapter 13

"How about this one?" She asks and stands in front of the mirror while holding the striped dress over her.

This is the worst one yet, I comment in my mind with a disgusted tone. But of course, I didn't say that. "I think it looks pretty on you." I remark for what it seemed like the hundredth time today.

Ray is going away for a few days because her relative is getting married. My Saturdays are spent by chilling at home yet here I am because she dragged my ass to the mall so I can help her to choose a dress.

Usually, I get excited about helping Ray choosing outfits but right now, I just want to eat McDonalds with my feet propped up on the coffee table while watching some good ol' television.

She isn't really the most stylish person you will ever meet but for my own sake, I told her that everything she chose was pretty so we can get this over with.

Ray twirls around, examining it from every angle. Then, she sighs and shakes her head. "No, it doesn't have that 'striking' look." She points out and put it back into the rack.

"C'mon, Par. You are always good at picking outfits for me. Why can't you help me this time?" She pouts. I roll my eyes. "You know those puppy eyes don't work on me. Plus, I already told you I'm not in the mood today." I state. She keeps staring at me creepily until I had enough.

"Fine! Goddammit, woman." I stand up and plunge my hands into the rack and begin to sift through the hangers.

After a few minutes, I yank a hanger off the rack and hold the dress up to her neck. It is black with a flare at the bottom of the dress. A flower embroidered in red, gold and green thread grew on the left bottom side of the dress. It is a little over her knees so it's appropriate for a wedding.

"Oh damn!" Ray touches the dress. "This is so beautiful." She says and looks at the price tag. "Make that beautiful and on sale! I swear you are a life saviour, Paradice."

I shrug. "I get that a lot." She looks at the size. "And it's just the right size for me." She squeals in delight. She drapes the dress over her arms and pulls my hand towards the fitting rooms. "Come on!"

When we reach the fitting rooms, the attendant takes the dress and rolls her eyes. What a little bitch, I thought in my mind.

"Only one room is open. One of you have to wait." I wave my hand in dismissal. "Okay, I'll wait you outsid-" I was cut off by a hand slapping on my mouth.

"No worries. She's not trying anything. My stylist here will just be waiting for me outside the fitting room so she can give me pointers. Isn't that right, my stylist?" She nudges my side. I mentally roll my eyes and go with it. " Of course, Ray. Everyone knows that you are a famous pop star!"

Before the attendant could say anything, I quickly grab Ray's wrist and sprint past her to the open fitting room.

As soon as I shut the door, we both burst into giggles.

"Stylist?" I say and adjust my glasses. She shrugs. "C'mon. Don't even try to fight it because you know it's true; you are stylish, girl."

I sit on the bench and cover my eyes so she could change into the dress. "Silly bitch." I hear my best friend mutter and I laugh.

A moment later, Ray clears her throat.

I open my eyes and stand side by side with Ray in the mirror.

Even though we are best friends because we are both crazy, that doesn't mean that our looks, likes and personality are the same.

It is clear to see that I am 3 inches taller than Ray. I had big dark brown eyes with a pair of glasses sitting in front of them and light brown hair that flows down my back. I would never describe myself as beautiful, but I'm certainly not ugly either.