Chapter 31

"Paradice Newman, you are soaking wet." Miss Wendy gasps when I walk into class. "And not the good kind." I hear someone at the back of the class whisper loud enough for the whole world to hear. I roll my eyes at the lame attempt of a joke.

"Ranielle, please send your best friend to the nurse. I'm afraid that she'll catch a cold." Ray nods subtly and walk towards me. I grab my bag of clothes before walking out. When we were out of the classroom, she nudges me with her elbow. "Spill." She knows me too well to even lie to her.

I instantly cry out a river. She didn't say anything, just rubs my back soothingly. Currently, she doesn't really care that her clothes are getting wet. "H-He dumped me." I choke out the words. Ray's eyes widen. "When the hell did you start dating? Never mind that. More importantly, who's dick should I chop off? " She sounds determine and so fierce, I was somewhat sure that she has turned into her inner dragon.

"I-It's no biggie." I try to reassure her but I could already see smoke coming out of her nostrils. "No biggie? Par, we've been friends since forever and I've never seen you this sad before." She utters and I mentally agree with her. It feels like a part of me is missing and that part is Austin. "I lost him." I state and wipe away the tears with the back of my hand.

Ray raises her eyebrow. "State the name so it will make the service of killing this guy easier." She says. I sigh as we walk down the stairs. "It's Austin." She gasped in surprise. "Austin? As in Mr. Nike? The guy that I said that he would be the guy of your dreams?" I nod slowly as the tears started to fall again.

"You are dating him?" She asks to confirm it. I shrug as I open the door to the nurse's office. Usually, I come here with Austin but this time, it was with my best friend. "Well, were." I alter the word as the nurse did a quick checkup on me. Then, she gives me a towel so I could dry myself. I thank my lucky star that I bought another pair of extra clothes because of gym class.

I'm waiting for her to tell me 'I told you so' because she was right; I did fell in love with him.

We both thank the nurse and we walk back to class, me dry but Ray still full of annoyance. "How and why did he dum- lose you?" She changes her vocabulary after she cringes at how the word sounds. I shrug again. "He didn't want to ruin me and my parents' relationship. My parents hate him so he didn't want to be in the middle of me and my parents. I think there's more than what meets the eyes." I explain to her as we take a seat on the stairs, not really wanting to go back to Maths class.

She shakes her head in disappointment. "Par, dammit, I really ship you two but seeing that the asshole dum- sorry - left you without any good reason, he can just go to hell. He left the best thing that has happen to him on the streets and that is not cool. If he could leave you like this, that means he doesn't love you enough." She curses him as she lays a comforting hand on my back.

I shrug my shoulders and then lay against the wall. "Maybe I'm just not worth it." I murmur, mainly to myself, feeling pathetic again.

"No. You know well than to drag yourself down with those words, Par." Ray stands up with her hands on her hips and an intense look on her face.

"What?" I raise an eyebrow and look at my best friend. "I said-" She starts but I chirp in.

"I hear you the first time, just why? It's true, though. I am nothing. I'm not as pretty as Cara or any other mini skirt-wearing girls, I'm not as smart as Cara and I am definitely not up on her level." I state, my heart getting lower and lower until it crash into the ground.

"No, fuck her and fuck any other slut wannabes. You are you, Paradice and that's what makes you special." She utters while giving me a look. I roll my eyes. "That's what he said but look at where the hell he is now; long gone from me." I stand up and walk back upstairs, wanting to end this conversation faster than I intended it to be.