Chapter 8

I walk towards the little stall that they have put up and wait in line to take my drink.

"Paradice!" I hear someone call my name. I turn and see that it was Mr. Chang. Fucking hell, what now? I ask in my head. "Yeah?" I question him as he walks closer. Then, he gives me a receipt.

His receipt.

I didn't know that he drinks these kinds of stuff.

I take the receipt and raise my eyebrows at him. "Help me take my drink. I'll be here." He states with a smile. I nod. "Okay." I tell him as the line starts to move.

"Par!" This time, I hear Ray shout. She is on the other line because she ordered an Oreo milkshake instead of A&W aka what I am in line for right now. I look at Mr. Chang's receipt and notice that he also ordered the Oreo milkshake. I pass the receipt to her. When she got it, she raises an eyebrow at me.

"Mr. Chang's?" She asks. I bob my head. "Help him to take his order please. I'll go there when I've taken mine." I beg her. She shrugs, trying to say 'fine'.

After I take my drink, I walk towards Ray and Amie. "It's okay. Just enjoy the drink from the mystery guy." Amie says while looking at me smugly. Ray and Amie knew about the receipt that someone gave me and it went a little like this...

I was waiting outside with Ray as I see Vivian -a fellow classmate- giving out papers. She gave one to Ray and I found out that it was a receipt, stating that she bought a drink from the Enterprise club. "Sweet!" Ray exclaimed.

"Aww, too bad I didn't buy one." I stated sadly. I was helping the teachers with something the other day so I didn't have the chance to buy the drink; it was either an Oreo milkshake or an A&W.

Just then, Vivian gave me a receipt, stating that I bought an A&W. My eyes widen. "What the hell? I didn't bought anything!" I said. Vivian just shrugged. "They just told me to hand these out." She explained and went on giving.

"Wow, talk about a mystery buyer." Ray said in awe. Then, Austin came running to me and talked to me about something but I couldn't process what he was talking about. Inside my mind, I was hoping that he was my mystery drink buyer.

I walk to the other side of the pool to cheer for the team (and low-key looking at Austin being a photographer wannabe) when suddenly, Katie walks to my side.

Can't I just low-key look at my Prince Charming in peace?

"Hey, Par." She greets as she looks at my drink in awe, like it was the last glass of water on the entire Earth. "Want some?" I ask her as she tries to grab it from me.

She is shorter than me so there's no way in hell she'll be able to take it from my hands. "Tall faggot." She mutters when she has given up. I laugh and continue sipping on my cold drink.

"GO BLUE!" We shout together when our team wins a match. "I'm going to go back to the seats. Coming?" She asks as Mr. Nike starts walking my way. "No you go ahead. I'll catch you later." I dismiss her. Katie gives me a pout but I just smile and push her away playfully. I lean against the wall and continue to enjoy my drink.

"Hello." I turn and see Austin standing there while holding a camera. Oh my fuck, I curse in my head. "Hey." I greet back as I sip my drink. "Hey how much does one cost?" He asks as he looks at my drink.

If he bought the A&W, he would've known the price. Or maybe he's just trying to act in front of me.

"About two fifty but you need to order them before." I state as I look at the swimmers. "You mean I can't just straight away buy 'em? Fuck, it's so hot here and I need a cold drink." He complains as he wipes his sweat with his hand.