Chapter 19

Days past - well only two has past but it felt like a lifetime - and things weren't as great as I thought it would be.

Me and Austin are still not in speaking terms because he just had to say that skank's name to me and God knows how jealous I can get, even if he was just joking.

The first day was spent with me dragging myself down with hateful comments to myself like 'why am I such a pathetic girl?' and 'I wish I can be someone else'. I didn't ate everything from my plate at lunch and dinner, which made Ray and my parents worried. Austin tried to talk to me and I give him credit for that. I gave him some unintelligent responses and just ignore him most of the time. I couldn't even look Cara in the eye knowing that I would shove a fucking knife into her heart if I do so I ignored her too.

The second day was like the first day but the hateful comments to myself stopped. Instead, I put all the blame on Cara. I ate a lot on the second day - which was the total opposite of the first day - and I knew that it was out of anger. My parents seemed pleased that I was feeling myself again even though it's not much but Ray know that something was up. I told her on the phone about the silly situation that I was going through and I ended the call when she was in the middle of explaining how ridiculous I sound.

Austin... Well I kept ignoring him until day three - which is today, that is.

"Paradice, please just talk to me. It's killing me inside out." He reveals as we queue for lunch. I want to talk to him so bad too but I had to stand by my ground even though I had to admit that this is ridiculous because we aren't dating or anything.

Honestly, I don't even know why am I standing by my ground.

"Par." Ray turns around and gives me a pleading look, telling me to stop killing myself mentally and just talk to him. I shake my head vigorously, showing that I don't even want to look at him or have any some sort of contact with him.

I sigh and take my lunch tray from the lady. I was debating on whether to talk to Austin or just keep going on with this tough girl act. Of course, 'talk to Austin' wins the debate and I had to agree with that side of me; it was time.

We - no wait, I - have to clean up this mess between us because I know that it's my jealous-ass' fault that Austin keeps trying so hard to talk to me and the fact that I've been so sour that a lime would be jealous these few days.

But before I could even put down my food and walk towards Austin, a loud crash sounds and everyone's eyes are focused on the cause of the crash.

Him.

His tray was on the ground and food was spilled all over the place. His drink was also spilled across the floor, colouring it with red. "Shit." His cursing echoes throughout the cafeteria.

He kneels down to pick up the mess and I decided to go there and help him. It seemed like the right time to go to him. "Here." I offer softly as I help him to pick up his plate, fork and spoon.

But what happened next wasn't what I had in mind.

He picks up the remainder of his salad and throws it on my face! I could hear the whole student body gasping at his actions. I wipe the mayonnaise off of my glasses and glare at him.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I shriek and take off my glasses.

He fucking smirks and then flicks my nose. I yelp in pain as he stands up. "What the hell is wrong with you? Maybe you should stop being such a bitch for once in your life." At this rate, I was already fuming.

I stand up and jabs my finger onto his chest. "Maybe you should stop being such a bipolar asshole for once in your life!" I scream back. I wasn't expecting him to throw shit at me or flick my nose, for fuck's sake, God knows my intentions were good.