Chapter 13: It's A Family Thing

Thursday
22nd November 2018

6:34 p.m

Omniscient

Kain being a drug dealer was on Mahogany's mind

Kain being a drug dealer was on Mahogany's mind. She wasn't going to leave him, definitely not but she just didn't want to mess around with a drug dealer after what happened with Terrell. She just couldn't go through all of that again. She got up from her bed and made a face because of all the noise that was going on in her house. She walked out of her room and into the guest room where all of her cousins were chilling.

"Where've you been?" Daina asked.

"In my room. Y'all are too loud." Mahogany sucked her teeth.

"Where my twins at?" She folded her arms.

"They asleep." One of her cousins, Star, said.

"I'm going downstairs to see if the food is ready.." Mahogany walked out of the room.

She made her way downstairs and found her uncle and aunts talking and laughing. Just seeing her family together having a good time made her smile. She looked into the kitchen and found her mother and father talking amongst themselves. She furrowed her brows once she had seen Shereen giving Idris a hug. Mahogany raised her brows then jumped a little once she had felt somebody touch her shoulder.

She turned around, "You shouldn't be in people's business like that but I guess you always have been since birth." Prince said.

"Prince!" She grinned and threw her arms around him.

"Whatchu' doing looking at mom and dad?" He laughed.

"Hey, Naliah." She gave Prince's girlfriend a hug.

"Hey." She grinned.

"Hey, Pryce!" Maggie took Pryce out of her arms and kissed all over his cheek whilst he laughed.

"My baby boy." Shereen said giving Prince a hug.

"Wassup, mama?" He smiled.

"Where the twins at so Pryce can go and play with them?" Prince said removing his Parka.

"They asleep, they should be awake soon." Maggie said walking upstairs with Pryce still in her arms.

"Girl, come on, girl chat." Daina said, "Hey Pryce." She waved and he just smiled.

"What's up?" She furrowed her brows once she had seen her girl cousins in he bedroom except for the younger ones.

"We gon' have our annual girl chat." Acacia smiled.

"Aw, Pryce is here." Star said grinning.

"Why is Star in here then? She like..14?" Mahogany looked at Star who frowned.