Chapter 18: Christmas

Tuesday
25th December 2018

12:20 p.m

Omniscient

The Matthews family were all gathered at Aaron's Christmas family cabin

The Matthews family were all gathered at Aaron's Christmas family cabin. They were extra when it came to times like this. Their cabin was huge and they had a massive Christmas tree. The whole cabin was already decorated thanks to Juana who spent most of her time decorating. Aubrey pulled out the Turkey from the oven and placed it on to the counter. She smiled, knowing that it turned out great.

"I don't know why you didn't just let me cook." Nadine folded her arms.

"Because last year, you burnt the damn Turkey." Petunia said in a 'duh' tone.

"No I did not. It was just...crispy?" She put her nose up.

"No, sis, you nearly burnt my whole damn kitchen down." Aubrey shook her head.

"Anyway, where Aaron at?" Nadine asked.

"He should be somewhere in the house, I don't know." Aubrey shrugged.

"You never know what that damn man is doing." Petunia shook her head.

"Leave Aaron alone." Nadine nudged Petunia.

"Both of y'all just leave the kitchen, please?" Aubrey said.

"You sure, sis? I mean, it looks as if you're struggling.." Petunia giggled.

"I'm being serious. Move!" Aubrey huffed.

The ladies left the kitchen leaving Aubrey to do everything herself. Rachel, Aaron's brother, walked into the kitchen giving her sister-in-law a hug. Rachel was really kind, Aaron's family were all kind. Aubrey loved being with Rachel more than Petunia. Petunia is stuck-up as she's the eldest. Always bossing her younger sisters around thinking that she's in charge.

"Do you need help?" Rachel asked.

"Yes, please." Aubrey nodded her head, "I couldn't have my sisters in here, they're a handful." Aubrey added.

Kain walked into the cabin with his cousins Javier and Omari. They came in laughing about some chick that dumped Omari. Omari was the baby boy of the family. He always looked up to his cousins and always wanted to be like them. He's really sweet and quiet but don't get fooled by his quietness. He's always getting the ladies no matter what.

"That shit ain't funny. But it's cool, Crystal's gonna come running back when I see her again." Omari shrugged.

"Nah, she won't." Javier shook his head.

"What? Really? Yes she will!" Omari nodded his head.

"Nah, you tripping, my nigga." Javier laughed.