Chapter 21: 18th

Saturday
19th May 2019

8:05 a.m

Omniscient

Mahogany woke up

Mahogany woke up. It was Saturday morning. She yawned and stretched her arms before opening her eyes fully. She found birthday presents by her bed along with '18' balloons. Mahogany grinned really hard and laughed at what her mother had done. She quickly went to her bathroom and brushed her teeth before opening up her presents. Shereen walked into the room and took pictures on her phone of Maggie opening up her presents.

"Aw! My baby isn't even a baby anymore." She pouted and gave her daughter a hug.

"Thank you so much, mom." Mahogany laughed.

"Happy birthday, baby. I can't believe 18 years ago, you were in my arms..Now you've grown into a beautiful strong young woman." She kissed Mahogany's forehead.

"Thank you for teaching me to become a beautiful strong woman." Mahogany gave her mom a hug and they shared that moment for a few seconds before Shereen pulled away.

"So...What are you doing tonight?" She sat on her bed.

"Uh, I don't know..." Maggie shrugged, "Kain said he was planning on taking me out." Maggie said smiling at her presents.

"So..does that mean I have the house to myself?" Shereen folded her arms.

"Uh..yeah..I'm the last one of all my friends to turn 18 so we're heading out to a club." I nodded my head.

"Ooh, my baby's going clubbing too?" Shereen chuckled.

"Maaaaa....." Mahogany laughed too.

"Knock, knock! Happy birthday, bitch!" Daina said walking into Mahogany's room.

"Thank you, sis." Maggie got up from the floor and gave her cousin a hug.

"Aw, the baby of the group has finally matured." Daina smiled.

"What we doing tonight?".

"Y'all are going clubbing, apparently.." Shereen said getting up, "I'm off to work. You'll most likely sleepover at Kain's house. So, have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow, baby." Shereen kissed her daughter on the cheek and she walked out giving her niece a hug too.

After Mahogany and Daina had their little girl talk, she went into her bathroom to take her shower. She had gotten her hair done after school yesterday and she looks so good. Once she was done getting changed, she grabbed her car keys and headed outside to her car noticing that there was a man moving in with a boy that looked as if he too was 18. She took a good look at the boy and she got in her car after examining him.

"Hey, babe." Mahogany said FaceTiming Kain.

"Happy birthday, mama." Kain smiled showing off his grill.