Chapter 37: Connection

3:24 a.m

Omniscient

It has been 3 hours since Mahogany arrived to the hospital

It has been 3 hours since Mahogany arrived to the hospital. She didn't show any emotion. On her way to the hospital, she let all the waterworks out. She's too tired to start crying again. And she was too angry to even feel sorry for Kain. She didn't know if it was evil to say that she didn't care. She really didn't care! She actually doesn't mean it. She's only thinking this because of what Alice had sent her. She stood up and went to fill her cup full of water again. In just seconds, she finished her fourth cup. Kaiser began to cry again and Mahogany just sighed.

"Could you just...take her please?" She asked Natasha.

"Sure..Come here, pretty baby." Natasha smiled at Kaiser.

"Can I see my..boyfriend now?" Mahogany tried to avoid the word 'boyfriend'.

"Name?" The nurse asked.

"Matthews. Kain Matthews." She sighed.

"Oh, yeah, he was finished begin operated on like 30 minutes ago. I think Illya was supposed to come and tell you but she probably forgot. It's a busy night. But go through that door and on your left." She instructed.

"Thank you." Maggie smiled small before walking back to everyone else.

"Look, I'm going to go ahead and see Kain. I'll be back." She said walking off.

She walked into Kain's room and found him connected to all the machines. She took a deep breath but she saw red once she saw Kain hooked up to different machines. She can't believe that she was seeing him like this. He wasn't moving..He just laid there..as if he was lifeless..

She took his hand and gripped it tightly, wanting to squeeze his hand with all anger.

"Ah...Miss Ross?" The doctor walked in.

"Yeah, that's me.." Mahogany loosened the grip and wiped a fake tear.

"Dios es bueno.." He smiled.

"Huh?" Mahogany said awkwardly.

"You're boyfriend is a very very very lucky guy." The doctor smiled.

"Yeah..." Maggie smiled.

"He survived two bullets to the shoulder and one in the chest. We were able to remove the bullets but he had difficulties with breathing. We nearly lost Kain but he's okay now and that's all that matters.".

"I'll give you guys some time now." He said before walking out.

"You're so stupid, Kain..." She cried once again.

"You got me so scared...I thought I lost you..I-I-I don't know how to fucking feel! So you cheated on me?! With the hoe that you knew that I disliked? Because now I hate her!" She let go of his hand.