2. I Really Liked Him. A Whole Lot.

I stand in front of the gate waiting for Peter to come out. I had arrived to Nashville a few hours earlier and had  lunch before his flight landed.

And I spent the whole time just thinking about one thing.

Taylor.

I couldn't get him out of my mind. I may have spent the last few days stalking him. Looking for photos of him lately. He changed his hair and grew a beard. And damn did he look good.

I don't have a doubt. I still have feelings for him. I never stopped. And it is killing me now more than ever.

I can't stop thinking about touching his hair, and his bad jokes, and his boyish grin, and the way he played guitar for me, and th-

My thoughts get cut off when I see Peter walking off the gate and I wave to catch his attention.

I'm not going to lie, he is hot. Even hotter than when we broke up. He's tall and his brown hair pushed backwards and his enchanting brown eyes made my heart flutter once.

If I show up to the wedding with him am I going to make Taylor jealous? Do I want to? My head is a mess.

"Hi, how are you? Was it a good flight?" I say as I go for a hug.

But he doesn't. Of course he does not. He goes for the kiss.

"Peter!" I exclaim as I push him off me.

"What? I'm just trying to have fun" he says with a silly smile on his face.

I look at him angrily.

"If you are going to behave like this all weekend you might as well leave" I scold him.

Despite being almost 30 his boyish attitude and his dirty jokes made him seem 12.

"C'mon you like it"

"No, I don't." I say as if it's obvious while I cross my arms.

"Not even a little bit?" He mocks, his lower lip protruded in a flirty pout.

Fuck, he's cute.

"Come on, let's get an Uber already"

. . .

I got up the stairs of the apartment building I had lived in for the past four years of my life while getting my history degree. Uni was finishing and life was good. I opened the door of the apartment, quickly being welcomed by a grupal "hi" from my roommates and a few friends. They were watching TV all together, like always. The apartment was tiny for the five of us. But we were happy.

But that last month we weren't five. We were six.

Taylor, who I had just met, had used his month of vacation before going to tour rehearsals for Momentour to stay with me in London.

Taylor's and I's relationship started as fast as it took us to fall in love. He stayed at the apartment while I went to take my finals to uni. And every night when I arrived from work we would cuddle to infinity.

"I heard that someone has a special surprise for you tonight" Devin said with a flirty tone. She was my best friend since I started uni.

All the girls made a sonorous "oooh" before giggling.

I felt my cheeks hot as I took my jacket off and hung it at the door.

"What... What are you talking about?" I stumbled with my words, feeling my heart against my ribcage.

"I don't know, why don't you go to the rooftop and see it yourself?" My best friend said and I looked at her puzzled.

"Stop doing that stupid face and go upstairs. He's waiting for you, idiot." My other friend Freddie said and a silly smile sprawled on my face.

I ran off to the window and climbed up the fire escape. The smile never fading.

I reached the top, being welcomed by the familiar but still amazing view of the center of London. The buildings lit as the sun sinked into the horizon.

But that didn't matter, the view didn't matter, London didn't matter, nothing in the world mattered but the curly haired boy that was sitting on that rooftop.

Sat on a blanket with a few candles, a wireless speaker and a few Taco Bell bags.

He turned around when he heard me arrive and his face instantly lit up. A huge smile appeared on his face as he stood up.

"Hi"

"Hi" I softly spoke.

"I um... I know it's kinda cheesy, but I... bought Taco Bell and did this-" He looked at the set up he put together."-because I know you're very stressed about your finals and stuff... And... I just wanted to do something nice." He was completely red. His hands were shaky and his voice too.

I stared at him for a few seconds, speechless.

"Why are you staring at me like that? Is everything okay? Do you not like it? I'm sorry this was a bad idea anyway ill clean this u-"

But before he kept rambling I approached him, grabbed his face gently and shut him up with a tender kiss. His muscles relaxed under my touch and his hands travelled to my waist. Grabbing it firmly but softly at the same time.

My lips quickly took control over his as my hands moved from his face, to his neck, to his bicep, clutching it tightly.

I pulled away slightly, still holding him.

"That's the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me" I whispered, breathless from the kiss.

He smiled at me, and I let myself stare for a moment. His lips were swollen and red. His brown and green eyes happy, and lit up. I really liked him. A whole lot.

. . .

We woke up the next day and we start getting ready for the wedding after lunch. I put on a simple dress with simple make up. I don't want to stand up, I just want to get trough this without causing a scene. I let my hair down as I stare at myself in the mirror. I'm not going to fuck up my friend's wedding because of my silly little problems.

I promise myself.

It's not going to be like that.

But maybe I'm overreacting. I'm just going to say hi to him and that's it. No drama, no crazy fights, nothing. It's going to be fine, I repeated to myself.

When we arrived to the theatre where the wedding would be celebrated, Peter stopped to buy cigarettes at a near store.

I stand outside not recognising anyone as I wait for the doors of the local to open. I look at my phone looking for a message from my disastrous date, he is taking a while. Not a single word.

My heart starts racing at the thought of Taylor being here. I felt like exploding.

Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder.

Fuck no.