24. You're a perv

I finally fall down on the bed, ready to sleep.

After spending the evening with Justin, we had dinner and watched a quick Big Bang Theory episode.

Taylor lays down besides me and covers us with the sheets, snuggling with me.

Oh, this feels great.

His arms are wrapped around my waist and he leaves delicate kisses on my forehead.

I smile at that.

He's too sweet.

"Are you okay with babysitting Nora on Saturday?" He asks, talking lowly.

I look at him.

"Yes, of course! Why wouldn't I be?" I quickly respond.

"I don't know, maybe you just want us to spend time together or maybe you don't like kids"

I stare at him for a few seconds, my lips pressed together. I don't know how to tell him that I don't really like them.

At all.

"You don't like kids, do you?" He finally deduces "It's fine, I'll tell Justin we can't"

"No, no, no, it's fine! I've babysat cousins before, don't worry" I stop him.

"I just don't want you to do something you don't want to" he softly says.

He's so fucking nice.

I hate him.

"It's fine, Taylor. It'll be fun" I kiss him delicately.

He nods stays quiet for a second. Alone in his thoughts.

He looks at me.

"So..." He starts hesitantly "You don't want kids?"

My mouth dries suddenly.

Well, that's a fucking direct question.

He looks at me, waiting for an answer.

"I mean... Never say never, but I don't think so..." I mumble "But it all depends"

He nods and stays quiet.

"Why? Do you want kids?" I ask him carefully.

"Yeah, probably" he answers.

"Oh"

Well, this is awkward.

We stay in silence for a few seconds.

What the hell am I supposed to say?

"My response is not a hard no, I mean... Things can change. And if you want to in the future..." I leave the sentence in the air.

Great, now you've said that you may have kids with him, a great way to stay low key.

I'm stupid.

"Do you... Do you think we'll get to that moment?" He asks surprised.

I've fucked up, I've fucked up, I've fucked up.

"I... Hope so" I slowly mumble.

He looks at me and nods.

"Cool" he smiles and kisses me quickly. He then closes his eyes "Good night"

"Good night" I say back.

Maybe I haven't fucked up that bad.

I finally close my eyes and I grin.