26. What a dick

After an exhausting week of moving a million boxes, building Ikea furniture and eating on the floor, my apartment is finally functional.

It's not perfect yet, but I can live here.

I listen to some music as I prepare some things for the house warming party tomorrow.

I'll probably need more beer.

I'll tell Taylor to get some on his way here.

I inevitably smile just thinking about him. He's been helping me so much during my moving process I don't even know where to start.

Like that time we took a nap on the floor after building that damn closet.

Just us, cuddling on the floor as the sun settled. I felt like I was in heaven.

As I clean up a bit I hear 3 knocks on the door.

I look confused at the entrance, no one was supposed to come.

I open the door and I see Taylor leaning against the door frame, carrying two packs of beer.

"What are you doing here?" I immediately ask surprised by his sudden appearance.

"Oh, nice to see you too" he jokes and gives me a chaste kiss.

I can't help but stare at him for a bit too long. He's wearing that varsity jacket that turns me on. And he knows that.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were coming" I let him enter and he leaves the beer in the counter.

"Because I didn't tell you" he teasingly says.

He is specially cocky today, with that annoying smirk on his face.

It's not like I don't like it.

It just flusters me.

"You're annoying" I say, puting my finger in his chest.

"What are you gonna do 'bout it?" He teases and gets closer to me.

I hate him, I hate him, I hate him.

We lock eyes for a few seconds, daring each other. My lips pressed together as I try to think about a good comeback.

But I can't, he's distracting me with his fucking perfect face.

"Fuck you" I mumble.

"Oh, you're gonna fuck me?"

I bite the inside of my cheek irritated.

"You know I didn't mean it like that"

"What a shame, I would love that" he mumbles as he gets closer to me, our lips almost touching.

I need to kiss the shit out of him.

But I know that nothing will get on his nerves more than if I ignored his attempts to fluster me.

"Why don't you get a broom and help me clean up?" I whisper and I leave him alone, while I get the beers in the fridge.

I hear him sigh behind me and start cleaning.

I smile to myself.

After a few minutes where the only sound in the apartment was the music sounding through my speakers, The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra starts playing.

"Someday, when I'm awfully low..." I start singing lowly.

I hum along Sinatra as I wipe the counters.

When the world is cold
I will feel a glow just thinking of you

"And the way you look tonight" Taylor whispers in my ear as he softly embraces me from behind.

I inevitably smile as I turn to him.

He holds me closer and slowly sways us whilst he mumbles the lyrics on my ear. I bury my face in his chest.

I could get used to this.

Taylor isn't a big fan of singing. And even less in front of people. I don't think he has ever sung to me like this, without making funny voices. It feels so intimate and so... Right.

Wow, he must really like me.

Like really really like me.

He must love me.

...

...

...

He loves me.

He loves me.

I open my eyes at the sudden realisation.

He loves me back.

He is in love with me.

How haven't I realized?

I'm stupid.

That's why Hayley wanted to know if I did. Because he does!

He loves me!

I pull away of our embrace and I look at him, smiling like crazy. My heart beats violently against my ribcage.

"What?" He asks, confused.

"Nothing, I just..." I sigh "Do you know that you're the best boyfriend in the world?" I hug him tighter.

"Yeah?" He chuckles.

"Yeah" I kiss his cheek "Even though you're annoying as fuck sometimes" I whisper in his ear.

"Come on, you like it" he grins.

"Nope" I shake my head repeatedly.

"Not even a little bit?" He pouts.

I melt a little bit.

He's so cute.

I shake my head again.

"Come on, stop lying to me" he whispers very close to my face.

I can't not say it.

"I mean... It's kinda sexy" I admit as I take a curl of his and I twist it on my finger.

"Yeah?" he asks as he takes off his varsity jacket.

"Mmh-mh" I hum affirmatively.

He throws the garment in a kitchen chair.

We have a staring contest for a few seconds, daring the other to make a move.

He licks his lips.

I need to.

I finally grab his shirt and I kiss him roughly. He is quick to reciprocate the kiss and grab my waist, holding me closer against him.

Him and his fucking perfect face.

I jump into his arms, running my fingers through his hair, my legs tied around his waist. He is quick to grab my thighs and starts backing us up towards the living room.

He lays me in the couch and hovers above me, smirking.

What a dick.