4. Your favourite wingman xx

"What has your liver done to you?" I look to my right and I see Peter leaning on the wall next to me.

I take a sip of my beer and look at him.

"Fuck off, you drink more than me."

"Touché" he raises his drink and takes a sip. "So, you're not dancing. You used to party a lot"

"Not on the mood" I sigh.

I look around me and see people dancing. Hayley is with Chad, both smiling like crazy.

I miss having fun, sad as it sounds. In LA I have no friends. Like literally no friends. I guess I've been so absorbed in my own bubble of doubt that I haven't even made friends. I am also really busy with the PhD. Waking up really early, going to a place I hate and going to sleep really late has become my routine without even realising it.

"Cute boy alert" I look at where Peter is looking and there is, in fact, a very cute guy.

"Cute" I say tilting my head to the side. "What a pity, for you, that he's straight." I take a sip of my drink.

"Ha! In your dreams." We both laugh.

"Wanna bet?" I say cockily.

"Okay, if he's straight he's all yours. If he's not you have to talk to that guy, Taylor"

I growl annoyed.

"Okay, sure." I take a sip. Not really bothered by the idea.

"Wish me luck" he fixes his hair and walks towards him.

I watch him flirting with the guy. It looks like Peter says something funny and they both start laughing.

My luck is so bad he is not going to be straight, am I right? Its not like talking to Taylor is something bad, but it just made memories flood my mind.

I spent so much time convincing myself that I was over him that I never got time to get over him for real.

Couples all around danced together and had fun. And here I was. Alone and sad.

After a few minutes Peter returns.

"Not straight, you know what to do" he smirks at me.

"Fuck" I sigh "I need a cigarette, do you have one?" he looks at me raising a brow. "I'll do it, I just need this first" He hands me one. "Thanks"

"Now if you excuse me I'm gonna go get laid" he walks towards the guy while I laugh.

I walk towards the door of the venue where the reception was being held and I'm hit with the cold of the night instantly.

"Didn't know you smoke" a familiar voice says by my left.

Taylor is leaning against the wall and takes a drag of his cigarette.

I know smoking is bad but he looks so fucking sexy doing it.

My heart starts pounding against my ribcage when I see him by my side.

I look at my hand where the cigarette is.

"I just love ruining my body, you know?" He laughs at my joke.

I look at the road in front of the local for a second and I pause to simply breathe.

I realise I forgot something.

"Can you light it please?" I ask.

"Sure"

I put the cigarette between my lips and he takes his lighter and lits it. I look at him for a moment, realising how close we are and I blush a little bit.