20. We'll make this work

"Rose... wake up..." I feel a soft voice calling me and a gentle shove.

I slowly open my eyes.

Taylor is sat in my bed and tries to wake me up.

"What the hell do you want?" I say hostile.

It's still dark outside and the only light in the room is the streetlight right outside the window. I look at the clock in the wall.

"What the hell are you doing awake at 3 am?" I sit up in my bed.

"I couldn't sleep" he mumbles "I'm so sorry, Rose" he says and his voice breaks a little.

I look at him pitiful.

Maybe he really means it.

But I gotta be tough with him.

He really hurt me.

"I'm sorry about what I said I just..." he chokes on his words. "I don't want you to move out because I want you here all the time and I know it's selfish and stupid, but I just panicked and started attacking you out of nowhere" he sounds like he's about to cry "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean anything of what I said earlier"

My heart breaks a little, he's really sorry.

I sigh.

"But you were right. I'm afraid of compromise and I'm gonna end up leaving you. And I don't want to do that, because I really like you and I don't want to fuck up again" I take a deep breath "I'm sorry, you are so nice to me, and the dinner and everything... And I don't know if I can promise you anything" My eyes start to water "I don't want to break up with you"

He takes my hand and kisses it.

"I won't let you" he mumbles.

"What?" he dries my tears with his free hand.

"I promise you, if you ever freak out and want to break up with me. I'll do everything I can to stop you" he says looking me in the eyes and chuckles.

I smile.

"That sounds good" I kiss his hand "Come in here" I make space for him in the bed.

He quickly accommodates and snuggles with me under the sheets.

"But I'm still gonna move out"

"Oh, come on" he whines.

"It'll be okay, I'll be over all the time and you can come too" I try to convince him.

"Then why move out if we're going to be together?" he strikes back

I look at him seriously.

"I already made the decision"

"For me?" He looks at me with puppy eyes.

I smile.

"Stop that" I laugh.

"Okay, okay" he smiles at me "I can't do anything to convince you?"

I shake my head.

He sighs.

"Okay" He gives me a peck "Do you know that you're the most beautiful human being in the entire world?" he mumbles.

I heavily blush.

"Do you know that you're the most annoying human being in the entire world?" I tease with a grin.

"But you like me" he triumphantly says.

"Yeah, I do" I shyly smile.

I bury my face is his chest

He kisses me on the top of the head.