Chapter 9 - Do I know you?

It had been a long and exhausting day, especially since the drama started. She had to cancel many meetings, including the grand contract signing and the one she had with Leonard. Even if unpleasant to have to reschedule so many things, she silently thanked the lord since she also didn't want to deal with that one. Trying not to raise flags that she knew about what had happened in the morning, she had spent the whole day at the office, working her butt off for her promotions, Lisa's promotions, Felix's training and to finish the arrangements for the welcome party.

Now that she had that dealt with, she still had to focus on other things.

As the doorman opened the gates, Luna stared at the familiar scenery. Looking at the big mansion in front of her she took a deep breath. she had no patience for this. But since her parents insisted in going she could only agree. Stopping the car in front of the house she looked at the bald body guard who only nodded his head.

"Young miss Gills." Said the man, noticing the young heir on the car, opening the door.

"Hello, Chris. How are you?" She asked, taking his hand to leave the car. He only smiled. She had grown so much. The old man could not help but remember when he first met her.

Putting both high heels on the floor and getting out of the car, she caught everyone's attention. Luna wore a red long silk dress, very simple, delicate yet elegant. With a slit on her left tight showing off her leg, long enough to show her length, but not enough to make it vulgar. She held her long black hair in loose curls, simple makeup, red lipstick, and black pumps. She walked out of the car with a smile on. At least now she was at home, it was safe territory.

At the other side of the city, an odd pair was seen dinning. They had just arrived, after ordering some drinks, and entrees, both of them sat facing the other in the oddly small table. If one were to go the slightest bit forward, the other's personal space would be invaded, not that the two would care about such thing.

Camille looked at the man in front of her still very shy. She looked at him, and gave a look at herself. Should she have put on more makeup? Or perhaps put a higher heel? Compared to him, she could only feel like a dirty sack of potatoes. The man was beautiful. With his formal shirt, he gave a look of superiority. But in truth the man felt just as a wreck of nerves as she did. He couldn't even believe she had agreed to it.

Even though today had been a busy day at the office, he couldn't seem to focus. All he could think about was the date.

"I hope you like here, they have very nice drinks. Not that I drink often, it's just that they..."He said, getting himself confused in the middle, he wanted to start conversation, but he didn't want to pass as an alcoholic. "Have nice drinks."

Camille looked at his reddened face, and giggled. She looked at him and wondered. What a man like him saw in a woman as her. Maybe it was a bet, or a prank, those thoughts couldn't leave her head.

Seeing the woman in front of him frown, he felt a sweat form on his back. Had he already screwed up. Maybe. Because he was so focused on work, he almost never went out. He barely had friends outside of it and couldn't remember interacting with any woman who wasn't his mother. But he didn't think his social skills were so bad to make the woman frown. While he, in his opinion, was a bland five, she was a sparking nine. She had an unforgettable halo, a life, a sparkle, and he couldn't quite get how or why, but it attracted him in some way. When she entered the office all he could fell was her presence, the office's atmosphere changed in a blink of an eye. Being around old and boring man, facing such an energetic woman had been quite a shock for him. And even if he didn't get her interest in him to invite him to become a part of the entertainment industry, a big part of him was pleased she at least found his looks interesting.