Chapter 11 -Meetings

Arriving at the company, Luna was exhausted. It wasn't even noon but she felt like she could really use a hug from her bed. Just thinking about all the meeting they had to reschedule for today, plus the one she already had for the day made her head ache a bit. But this was the path she had chosen to follow, so she could blame no one.

Entering her office she remembered that today it was only her and Sam till lunch time, even though It made her life harder, she was still glad she made that sacrifice for the red head. She deserved to be loved and cared for and Luna would not be the one to destroy that.

Stopping right after a couple of steps in, she frowned. Looking at the bright office, a young boy sat at her sofa, in a suit, doing his rubix cube.

"Hello?" She simply said, gaining the boy's attention.

In a beat, he stood up, walking towards her. His face wearing a bright smile. His curly and messy hair bouncing as he walked. He was taller than Luna. Although, his bright face revealed he wasn't any older than her.

"Hello, Ms. Gills. My name is Mathew Humming." He said placing his hand for her to shake, his cute smile not leaving his face even when he spoke.

With her eye twitching she shook his hand. From what gnome world did this creature come from?

"What can I help you with?" She asked, a brow still lifted. She was busy, her time was calculated exactly so she wouldn't have to reschedule meeting for tomorrow. Even her lunchtime was filled with one.

Sam interrupted her thought going towards the boy.

"Luna, this is Mathew, he is a child genius from the Humming family, he has already graduated and your father has recommended him to become your assistant. Fro the company." She said expressionless, making the boy smile even brighter at the end of the sentence.

"How old are you?" Luna could only ask, if her father had recommended him its or because his background was beneficial, or because he was indeed a gem that could not be kept hidden. Her father was after all, an antique collector, he knew a treasure when he saw one.

"Twenty one." He said.

Luna only smiled, what a cutie.

"So young." She said to herself, later on reminding herself that she was too only twenty four. "But tell me, Mathew. What can you do?"

The boy stopped to think a bit. Luna guided him to sit at the sofa with her for a better talk. After instructing Sam to bring her some coffee, and attend the first meeting in the mourning. They were lucky it was a meeting only to discuss about her new tour.

"I can do almost anything. I have been trained to become the heir of the Humming conglomerates." He said proud.

Luna could only lift a brow. The Humming conglomerates were well known in the music industry. They sold almost every single instrument fabricated in the world. They were the ones dealing with the finest instruments out there. With such an easy opportunity for success, why would he lower himself to become an assistant?

"And why are you here?" She asked.

"Well, I'm the third son, of a mistress. So I'm not actually an heir." He said scratching his head. "But I'm still very capable." He snapped back fast, as if not trying to lower the bar he had created for himself.

"You didn't answer my question." She lifted a brow, putting a side smile on her face.

Revenge was written all over his eyes, but still, she wanted to know from his mouth.

Putting her cup of coffee on her lips, Luna smiled at the conflicted expression on the boys face.

"I want to create my own name. I want to be Mathew Brim, not a Humming. And working with you I could learn a lot on how to create my own name."