Chapter 25 - Old demons

Under a bright yet dark sky, the city felt peaceful. The streets were silent, and the thin rain added to the lazy atmosphere most felt inside their homes.

Once in the black car, Luna quickly entered. Her skin pale and her lips white.

"Are you okay?" Leonard asked, a frown on his face, as he drove towards the main avenue. "What was that about?"

Trying to locate herself, and calming her heart a bit. Luna could finally relax. Looking at the young man and processing everything, she shook her legs as she rubbed her palms together, if not by the fact that it was warm, it could be guessed that she was cold.

"I'm fine. Thank you for picking me up." She said, with a faint smile. Her legs, swaying a bit to the side, her knees pointing slightly to the door. Although their friendship made her comfortable around him, at the moment she just wanted to stay in her personal bubble, alone. "This was the worst business meeting I've ever gone to. "

Looking to the road, the man felt his tense shoulders relax a bit. Listening to "Business meeting", Leonard tried his best not to exhale a strong breath. For some reason, the fact that it was not a date comforted him a bit. Still, he was curious about what had just happened that left the woman in such a state.

"The man was... creepy. I can't find another word. Yes, definitely creepy. I couldn't stand being there anymore."

"Who was it?" Leonard asked, a weird mix of feelings coming in. He knew a couple of names that were able to do that.

"Lucas Vrent, you know, from Vrent Entertainment. Turn to the right." Luna said, guiding him to her house.

The name still somehow tingled a weird sensation on her head. The sound somehow sounded familiar, yet the name was entirely strange.

"Lucas Vrent?" Leonard asked confused.

He knew the man. Of all the names going around in his head, Lucas Vrent was definitely not one of them. Vrent was a serious man, the perfectionist type of person, even a bit weird at times. Never had a single scandal never had a single fight, he was the stereotypical goody two shoes type of person. A workaholic to the core, rumors had it that the man avoided even dinner meetings. For such a man to meet with a newbie in the industry over dinner, it was very amusing. "Are you sure?"

Looking at him with a raised eyebrow, she only confirmed.

Why would she lie about such a matter? The man had his secretary call and an official e-mail sent. If it was a fraud, it was a professional one.

"Sorry, sorry. What did he do?"

Thinking a bit, it was very confusing still what was about it that gave her chills, was it the way he talked, his actions, proposals, it was many and none at the same time. Things, which could be considered a regular business, however, it lingered in her mind in a malicious tone.

"I don't' know exactly what about him that was creepy. It was just weird. He came with some weird proposals that were very personal. Also, he knew things about me, no one knows. It was as if I was standing there naked, while he was skinning me alive. "

Processing the words, Leonard was very confused. Lucas was known for being a serious and centered man, whose humans interest were only business and cars. In addition, from experience, Leonard knew the man meant only business in many things. No words were ever wasted with him, so why did it seem as if they were talking about different people? If not for the exclusive blue Aston Martin the man had parked, Leonard would probably doubt the veracity of the story.

"Very odd." Was all he could say. He had no answer, somehow when things came to Luna, reality felt altered. Even he, who had access to the most information, recently felt as if he was powerless.