Chapter 16- Ride

Closing her eyes for a few seconds too many, the woman waited for the next person to enter.

"Amelia Zuch, 26 years old. Singer." Said a mellow voice.

In a beat Luna's eyes opened, looking up she allowed a pleasant smile sneak out her mouth. Seeing the auburn hair girl worry left her mind. Amelia was a beautiful girl, not the prettiest, but she was certainly cute. Potter entertainment always made sure their artist had the best visuals. With a thin frame, black eyes and tan skin, everything aligned to resemble a good looking woman.

"I got your call."

Amelia was a former member of the band, she was an aspiring singer, a trainee, very talented. Had a beautiful soulful voice, misused for the sake of pop culture. Owner of a distinguish vibrato, after Luna left the band, she took her place as the third vocalist. However, mixed with the bright and clean voices of both of her band companions, she ended up outshined, damaging her voice in point of no return. In the end the odd sound left the band to their end. In this lifetime, however, things would turn out differently.

"Glad you did, it would be such a shame for such talent to stay hidden."
Luna said, with another bright smile. "Now go on, what are you going to sing?"

"Wine." She said in a breath, the nervousness in her voice obvious.

"Relax. You will do great." Luna comforted the girl.

As the girl exhaled, as the beat started and the electronic low fi gave a nice Rhythm to the song, the girl started to snap her fingers to the beat as she started. Her sweet yet raspy chilly voice accompanied the song.

" I still can't forget" She started, Luna leaned against the chair with a satisfied expression, closing her eyes. The voice dragging itself in a relaxing manner. What a soulful way to start. Closing her eyes Luna sank herself on the song.

"I'm sweetly spinning around
I didn't know it was a dream, star" she extended the last word adding her vibrato to it, as she proceeded with the song.

"I'm wandering"

As another beat sank in, she let herself be controlled by the words in an energetic tone on the words, as she became one with the song.

"Maybe I'm just dizzy
You're asleep, don't say anything
I'm already used to our maze"

She sang as if she didn't care anymore. Grabbing the mic stand with both hands, the girl with closed eyes melted herself as she sang.

"I can't hold it in
Have a feel so sweet
Like our awkward first glass of wine."

The beat started to get faster.

"It was bitter and painful
But I put you in my eyes
And I'll let you go as you flow out"

As the Low fi intensified itself mixing with a somewhat electronic tone. Everyone let the melodic sound sink in their bones.

"I'm drunk with you
I'm drunk with this night."

She sped up her voice as if telling him the truth.

"In the memories of you being cruel
I'm wandering through those memories, looking for you"

Now, opening her eyes, she sang the words as if an confession, a love confession.

"I just wanna forget
But I wanna know your heart, boy
Just stay
Baby Please don't go"

As the auditions ended, Luna was exhausted, she had no idea what time it was, her phone had ran out of juice and she was just a reck. Unlike her employees, she had stood awaken all night through all the three nights of auditions. And today would not be any different. Just thinking about it made her head start aching. But that was exactly what she had asked for so, who would she blame?