Chapter 49 - Stray paths aligned once again

"Let me go." Katherine said, her voice in a whisper. As she tried to catch her breath. Feeling the arms that so warmly squeezed her frail body loosen, she wriggled her body out of the embrace.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, her eyes defiant as she picked up the bags that were dropped. Right there was at least a couple hundred thousand in shopping.

Staring at the woman, Harry wasn't sure himself. Why did he travel the world to see her? What drove him to do such a thing?

"I missed you." He said, making Katherine lift her gaze as she rolled her eyes.

He didn't even help, miss me my ass. She thought.

"Go back." She said, walking away and entering the hotel.

"You made me come all the way here to tell me to go back?" Harry said in protest, his voice loud, making the people surrounding them stop and stare.

Pretending it didn't concern her, she didn't even flinch as she walked.

It was always like that. But nothing was eternal. Everything has its time limit. One day he too would grow tired, so it would be better to cut ties as early as possible. That way no one would be hurt.

"Hurt?" Katherine whispered to herself.

Why did that cross her mind so naturally. Why would it hurt her? They had a fling, not a dramatic romance. No strings attached.

Sighing, she stared at the sake bottle in her hand. As the elevator opened, she entered. Seeing the doors close, she noticed the man who stared at her with such a wounded look.

"Shit." She whispered to herself consumed in frustration. Opening the bottle she drank it straight.

As the liquid entered her mouth, she saw the elevator's door open with a loud signal that something wasn't allowing it to close. Staring at the fingers that were squished, Katherine starred as the man panted.

"Please, lets talk." Harry said.

**

With the morning sun shining brightly outside. Luna stared at the three men in her living room. She had expected at least one of them to read the room and leave as she took a shower.

"Well, I'm going to work. I have a meeting really early." She announced.

The smell of her perfume leaving a trail behind her.

"I will give you a ride. You left your car at the company right?" Leonard asked. Nodding her head with a soft smile, Luna agreed.

"You two should go too." She said, staring at her brother.

She would bicker with him about ruining her date, but she was glad she could be there for him. So she left it alone.

"Don't want to." Noah pouted.

"Suit yourself. Just lock my door after you leave." Luna said, throwing a spare key to him.

As the car left the building, Luna held a sweet smile to her face.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"For what?" Leonard asked, his lips held a smile.

Putting her hair behind her ear. Luna bit her lip.

"I ruined our date right?" She said embarrassed. "I will compensate you."

"It's fine, your friend needed you." Leonard said, his right hand going towards Luna's hair, caressing her head with a sweet smile.

Placing a kiss on Leonard's cheek, Luna smiled.

"Now..." He said, his flush cheeks hidden behind his serious expression. " How will you compensate me?"