Chapter 15🥀

I don't know how much has past when I hear a familiar voice calling; "Holly shit. Are you ok?" look up through my tears to see... Michel? Walking my way.

"I'm fine," I say.. wiping the tears. Shocked by the fact Michel is here, what is he doing here? He shouldn't see my crying.

I don't even know why I'm crying. Honestly, I'm just mentally exhausted with all that is going on around me. I stand up and I try to reckon why is he here. But nothing comes to mind.

"What the fuck happened to you?" He asks getting closer to me trying to hug me but I push him away. Nicely. Or at least I try, to push him nicely.

"Nothing." I lie. Looking away. "what are you doing here?" Why is he here? When he doesn't answer I look at him, he is watching me.

I feel weird with him watching me. "stop staring at me" I tell him.

He shakes his head as if he finally comes back from wherever he was. "Sorry. Its Alex's Birthday tomorrow. I wanted to come over and surprise her" he says. Oh.

Well, that's nice. I always loved their relationship, even when they are living very far away from each other.

"cool" I just nod at him. Well, this is awkward, I try to erase the fact that I was crying my soul on the floor when he walked in.

"So are you ok?" He asks me. For some unknown reason, I start giggling.

"I'm fine" I feel bad for lying. But I really don't want to talk about it. To explain everything that is going on with me will take me weeks to explain. And he might as well just stay in the dark about my life after the way he treated me last time we saw each other. Like I'm young and stupid.

"Ok. If you say so..." he looks around making me even more nervous than I was.

"So what did you buy Alex for her birthday?" I ask. I completely forgot about her birthday I didn't but her a present. She is going to be furies.

"What did I buy..?" He sounds shocked.. or confused..? Like he had no idea people buy birthday presents for each other. Maybe she won't be so mad... a friend forgetting her birthday is not as bad as a brother forgetting... right? Oh, who am I kidding the definition of brothers is to forget your birthday.

I'm dead.

"Yeah...  I mean, you came all the way here, to surprise her for her birthday but without a present?"

"So what did you buy her?" He asks trying to defend himself.

I look at him opening my mouth wanting to say something. Not sure what. "hmm?" he asks.

"I..." I look around the room searching for an idea of what to say next. "Fine," I give up, looking back at him. "I didn't but her anything yet but I have the perfect idea.," I say. And as the words come out of my mouth 2 ideas pop into my mind

"I actually have 2 ideas, if one won't work out. would you help me out?" I ask.

"Uh... YES." He says making me laugh at his stupid face. "I can't believe I forgot to buy her something." He says sounding disappointed in himself.

"So what's the idea?"

~~~

It's now 7 p.m. when I walk back into the room to find Rachel sitting on the couch on her computer. "Hey, where have you been all day?"

"I was out. I had some stuff to do" I say.

"I didn't see you in the morning, and yesterday was pretty hectic,"

"whatever" I roll my eyes at her.

"it's just that Maya really needed a friend and you just vanished..." she rolls her eyes back at me. "what is that supposed to mean?"