Chapter 16🥀

The next thing I know I turn in my bed and slightly open my eyes seeing the light shining through the window, it's morning.

I get up straight to the bathroom brushing my teeth and washing my face before I go check on Michel, seeing he is still asleep. Rachel as well.

I make myself some coffee and I continue working on all the things I have left for Alex's birthday surprise.

"Good morning," Michel says. I turn over to look at him as he takes the blanket I gave him watching him snuggling into the couch with his eyes closed.

I smile as I go back to my decorations and my coffee.

I hear him groaning and when I look at him the blanket is off, and now on the floor showing me his perfect body, wearing grey boxers which are way too tight in my opinion. I stare at him, at his tan body and I want to look away but I can't.

"I want coffee too," He says getting up distracting me from my stare. Thank god, for that. It was getting awkward. I need to focus on. "I'll make you one," I say and turn around to the coffee maker Alex bought forever ago.

"Move. You don't know how to make good coffee" he wanders over to me and he pushes me away.

Whatever. I roll my eyes at him.

Michel makes himself a cup of coffee. "try it" he says full of pride.

I chuckle "It's the same coffee maker. It probably tastes the same"

"Try it" he repeats. "fine" I take his cup from his hand taking a sip. It's actually really good. But not better than mine. Obviously.

"It's ok," I say and he laughs taking his cup back and drinking his own coffee.

"Ok. Let's start" I say finally.

After Michel got dressed and finished his coffee we continued to decorate the house. Now the whole house is filled with balloons and other decorations.

I'm actually proud of us. The place looks amazing. The birthday surprise is finally ready.

"Ok, now we can rest," I say. I look at the clock, it's 20 minutes before 1 pm. I walk to my room to get changed seeing Rachel is still asleep. Not surprised.

When I get back to the kitchen wearing black jeans with a yellow tank top and a Jacket because it looks, chilly outside today. I tell Michel about my plan for the day. "Ok, so I'll take Alex to the shop. We'll come over at 5 or something like that, ok?" I think if I remember correctly she needs to finish the class in like an hour..?

"sounds ok. I'll just stay here watch a movie or whatever" Michel says. I take out my phone texting Alex.

- "Wanna go with me to the shop? We could spend some time catching up... feels like we haven't talked in forever"

- "Sure. I'll meet you there in an hour." She texts back.

An hour has passed, I studied a bit... Michel as he said he'll do, watched a movie.  After saying goodbye to Michel telling him to make sure Rachel gets up in time for the surprise I start my way to the shop. I don't think Rachel knows that Michel is here. Or that the house looks completely different because of all the decorations. I mean, how can she even sleep for so long, doesn't she have classes today?

I walk to the shop and order myself a cup of Caramel coffee and sit down. I don't care I drank coffee earlier this day. I like coffee.

I just sit there and wait for Alex to show up. As the minutes go by my mind drifts to Shawn. I remember him calling me last, I remember how I felt talking to him. hearing his voice. How happy I was.