Chapter 38🥀

I walk back into the room, watching Maya drinking coffee on the couch. What is she even doing here?

"Do you want some coffee?" She asks. "No, I'm fine. Thank you.." I say. "I'll make myself a sandwich or something before class. You want something?" I ask.

"Yeah sure, thank you," She says. I make myself a PB&J sandwich and I know Maya hates Peanut Butter, so I just make her a chocolate and banana sandwich as I know she loves.

"How was your night?" she asks as I hand her, her sandwich and sit next to her. "It was ok..."

"You went to see him?" She asks. "I did. I saw you guys called me last night is everything ok?"

"Yeah, we just... Alex was a bit worried we hurt your feelings."

"Alex? What about you? It's just I really like him, Maya. I don't want to screw this up." I tell her.

"I'm sorry if you hurt your feelings."

"Thank you. I'm not mad. I was. But I'm not anymore. I should go to class." I tell her as I finish my sandwich.

"What are you doing here by the way?" I ask on my way to the bedroom. "Oh, I just sort of fell asleep her after we drank a few beers and watched the notebook." She says.

"Some party you had" I smile. She giggles. "Yeah.."

I change into dark blue jeans with a white T-Shirt. I take my stuff and I walk to class. Alex and Rachel are both asleep I think They're classes today start at 11 but I'm not sure about it.

After I get back after this long day, it's 3 p.m. I had lunch at Chipotle, Maya joined me, and we talked for a bit. It was nice.

When I walk back to the room I see Alex and Rachel sitting and probably doing homework.

Alex looks at me as if she is seeing me for the first time. "Hey," She says as nothing happened. Turning back to her stuff. Ok, something must've happened.

"Hi," I say not knowing how to act. "Is everything ok?"

"Yeah, just doing homework," Rachel says coolly not even glancing my direction.

"Ok...." I walk to the fridge taking out a bottle of water and I sit next to them.

2 seconds later, "So tell us everything" Rachel snaps. Is she talking about Shawn? I bet she is.

I blush. "Um... there is nothing to tell really. We talked, I needed some fresh air. and afterward, we went to sleep. I came before class ate something with Maya and went o class" I say.

"That's it?" Alex looks disappointed. What did you expect?

"Uh... yeah. That's it." Why does she sound so disappointed?

"whatever. I'm going out tonight with Dylan so you can't take my car anymore. I would like my keys by the way" Alex says. "Here," I say handing them over to her.

"you know what, I need to go make a phone call. I'll be back" I tell them taking my water bottle to my room. they are just so strange.

I decide to call Shawn, ask when I should come over, see how his day went.

"Hey" He sounds excited. Before I can even think about what I'm saying what I want to say the words just fall out of my lips.

"So my dad called"

He doesn't answer. "He said he'll come to visit me tomorrow with John." Still silence. "I'm really excited. I haven't seen them in months"

"Wow, you must be thrilled." He says not sounding as happy as I hoped he'd sound.

"Yeah, I just said so" I giggle.

"So if they are coming tomorrow, do you prefer telling them tomorrow about us?" he asks.

Oh. I haven't thought about it.

"Yeah, I think so. If they are already coming I think we should just wait for tomorrow"

"Yeah sounds good. Ok"

"Are you ok?" I ask.

"Yeah... I need to go, someone is knocking on my door. I'll call you back later ok?"

"Ok, bye" I hang up.

I walk back to Alex and Rachel, "So..." I say awkwardly.

Alex turns around looking at me. "I'm sorry for how we acted. How we're acting. You have to understand us though. You know how much we love him. It's weird for us. It is completely normal we will react the way we did. And believe me, we held ourselves." She says. I actually believe her on this one.

"I know," I tell her honestly.

"Ok good. We wanted to go to watch a movie or something later... or to go to the mall... " She says. "Is your boyfriend coming?" Rachel asks and by her tone, I know she is referring to Alex's boyfriend.

"I don't know yet." She says. 

"So before I forget, John and my dad are coming tomorrow for a day or two. I think. He actually didn't say for how long he is coming. So just, Be prepared."

"Uh... ok," Alex says.

"And I also don't know where they are going to sleep, so just be prepared," I tell them.

Rachel rolls her eyes at me and Alex just stares.

My phone rings and I can feel the excitement coming from the air surrounding Alex and Rachel.

"stop" I whisper to them.

I answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey sorry, Andrew cam to talk to me about a few things about the tour. Sorry. What were you talking about?"

Before I can respond he continues. "Oh and um.. he just told me that we're flying the day after tomorrow. D you have classes tomorrow? Or can you spend the day with me?" He asks. I smile.

"What is he saying?" Alex asks as she sees my smile. I point my finger at her and turn around so she can't see me.

I blush "My dad and my brother are coming tomorrow... I don't know when yet, but I think I can skip a few classes tomorrow." I tell him.

"Oh my god" I hear Rachel from behind me, and I giggle at her overdramatic response.

"Oh, right. So what are we going to do? I don't know when I'll see you next... I think it'll only be in 3 months" He says.

"I promise you I will come tomorrow. We can spend the day with my dad... We said we'll tell them about us, so we can also hang out all of us...? Right? Go out for dinner or something...? oh and what would you say if I'll sleep here tomorrow night? I just don't know what's going on with my dad and John, Where they are going to spend the night..."

"Yeah of course." He says. "Ok. So I'll see you tomorrow." He says.

Wait but I thought- "bye" he hangs up. What about bowling? What about tonight?

I turn around to find Alex and Rachel watching me. "what?" My cheeks flush.