Chapter 5

Fireheart made his way to highstones, being wary of WindClan territory. He knew he had friends in WindClan, but Fireheart knew he could not barge into WindClan camp uninvited. As the ginger tom made his way through WindClan territory, he scented a WindClan patrol. Fireheart shrunk low in the heather. As he hoped, the WindClan cats seemed to not notice.

A cat suddenly turned towards him and stalked to Fireheart's hiding spot, but stopped as his Clanmates called him. The WindClan cat looked one last time towards the heather before turning and walking off. Fireheart sighed in relief. WindClan still despised ThunderClan for housing the cat who chased them out, Brokentail.

Fireheart cautiously got up from his hiding spot and trekked onward, ultimately making it to the Thunderpath close to Highstones. Fireheart sighed and braced himself to run across. A monster roared past as Fireheart took this chance to run. No monster was in sight once he crossed. A sudden wind made Fireheart shiver. It was almost night.

He rushed to highstones and found Mothermouth. Fireheart sighed. Memories of the time he was apprenticed flushed through his head. From the time he entered with Bluestar, to the rat attack. If only the rats didn't take one of her lives. Fireheart shook his head. He couldn't think about that. As he padded through the cave, the faint scent, two days at least, of two cats filled his nose.

One was Tigerstar, Fireheart assumed, and Yellowfang. Fireheart sighed, knowing there was no way to stop Tigerstar now. The ginger tom continued forward until he reached the Moonstone. Even after seeing it before, it still filled Fireheart with awe. He touched his nose against the stone, shivering. What if he didn't see any StarClan cats? As Fireheart thought that for a moment, everything around him slowly went dark.