Chapter 7

Fireheart took his nose off of the Moonstone and decided to head towards Barley's Barn. It had been moons since Fireheart had seen any of them. Plus, Fireheart could go for a plump mouse or two before helping ShadowClan.

The sun just peeked over the horizon as Fireheart stepped out of the cave. A cold breeze swept through Fireheart's ginger fur, sending a shiver down his spine. He suddenly felt tired and knew he had to make it the Barley's farm. The tom strongly paced himself toward the farm while keeping watch for loose dogs and twolegs.

No dogs seemed to be out as Fireheart made his way through the barn's entrance. "Barley." Fireheart said aloud, "Ravenpaw. It's Fireheart." Bumps in the hay started to move towards Fireheart. A black and white head of Barley followed by Ravenpaw's black head poked out of the hay.

"Fireheart." Ravenpaw said, "it's been too long." Fireheart responded, "indeed. A lot has happened since I last I saw you." Barley looked behind Fireheart before saying, "I expected your other friend, Graystripe was it, to be behind you. Or Bluestar." Fireheart lowered his head. "Bluestar's dead." Fireheart said.

Ravenpaw's eyes widened. "It was from Tigerclaw, wasn't it." Fireheart nodded and said, "Tigerstar now." Before Fireheart could continue, Barley interrupted, "eat, rest. You have a lot to talk about about but you look like a dog ruffled your fur."

"Shall I hunt for you?" Ravenpaw asked. Fireheart was about to decline, but his legs felt tired. Ravenpaw took his quietness as a yes because he turned and went into a hunting crouch. Barley led Fireheart to a hay made nest and said, "sleep. We'll wake you after the sun leaves the horizon."

Fireheart did not argue. He felt too tired to do so. The ginger tom curled and, before he succumbed to sleep, remembered what Cinderfur said to him. What enemies was he talking about?