Chapter 15

"I take your lackluster appearance as a sign of Nightstar saying no." Snag joked. Fireheart sighed. Snag's eyes softened a bit. "Come on." the rogue said, "Let's get those herbs to Blackfoot."

Fireheart took the herbs and went straight to Blackfoot. Stubbytail was in the den with the white tom. "Any good news?" the stub tailed tom asked. Fireheart sighed, "only the herbs." Stubbytail seemed disappointed. "Hey," Fireheart spoke, "I spoke to a few ShadowClan cats. I offered them some prey to hunt."

"You did what?" Blackfoot growled. Fireheart jumped. He did not expect the white tom to be awake. "Calm down, Blackfoot." Stubbytail said, "Maybe if we show them we won't hurt them, Nightstar might trust us."

"Trust us?" Blackfoot spoke, "All we did was betray ShadowClan. Why would they trust us?" Fireheart understood the white tom's thoughts and worries. Fireheart himself worried ThunderClan will deem him a traitor for leaving on a hunch. "Well," Fireheart stated, "It seemed Nightstar was the only cat who acted like you were traitors. Everyone else seemed thrilled to hear that you were in their territory."

Blackfoot seemed surprise. "Maybe there's a chance we might be accepted back." Fireheart's heart slowed. The ginger tom grabbed the herbs. "Show me the wound." Blackfoot hissed, but turned. The wound looked awful. Fireheart held in his shock and squeezed some herbs on it. Fireheart saw a few poppy seeds and said, "Here. This will take the pain off."

Blackfoot growled but took the seeds. "When did you become a medicine cat?" Stubbytail joked. Fireheart laughed a bit. After finishing with Blackfoot, Fireheart heard Snag and Mowgli padding to the den. Stubbytail perked at the sound of the two rogues. "I smell prey." the short tailed tom said. The rogues entered the den, and in their jaws were frogs and lizards.

Fireheart's nose wrinkled. Stubbytail huffed, "This is normal ShadowClan prey. Better get used to it." Fireheart sighed and took a frog. He was surprised how decent it tasted, despite how slimy it was. After being fully fed, the rogues curled up in their nests. Fireheart looked out the den entrance and saw a few stars in StarClan glimmering. He sighed and told himself, things will happen eventually.