Chapter 11

It was dusk when Fireheart made it to where he last saw those rogues. He was cautious when he crossed ThunderClan territory. Fireheart was lucky the last time he was caught the first time. He scented for those rogues. He immediately found the very faint scent of the tom he pinned when chasing them out.

It was hard to follow the scent, but it lead him to a clearing. He stopped when he heard a small whisper. "It's ThunderClan." a voice said. "No." Fireheart responded. "I left ThunderClan." A cold hiss roared, "Why would you leave?"

"The same way you were chased out." Fireheart said. "By Tigerstar." The cats went silent. A brown tom showed himself cautiously. "Who is leading you?" Fireheart asked. The brown tom looked back and said, "Blackfoot, but he's seriously hurt."

Fireheart thought for a moment. "Ok," Fireheart began. "Is there a piece of territory in ShadowClan where we can stay?" A cold hiss came again, "who put him in charge?" A white head followed the voice. Blackfoot looked awful. His fur was unkempt, a wound on his chest looked unhealthy, and his eyes were crusty looking.

Fireheart stood his ground. "You would have nothing to lead with that wound." the ginger tom said. Blackfoot was about to protest when a plain brown tom walked towards the cats. Fireheart knew this was the cat who attacked him. The brown tom looked startled to see Fireheart again. "No worries." Fireheart reassured, "I'm not here to hurt you. I'm only here to help. Now is that all we have?"

Fireheart looked at all the cats. There was Blackfoot, the brown tabby with a stubby tail, the cat who attacked him, and a ginger tabby. "We did have one more," the ginger tabby said, "but Tigerstar got to her."

"So," Fireheart said, "about a territory." The stubby tail cat said, "Let's stay here until daylight. It will be hard to travel at night." Fireheart twitched his ear in irritation. "It'll be easier," Fireheart said, "to hide in the night." Blackfoot and the ginger rogue murmured in agreement. The stubby tailed tabby lowered his head. Fireheart felt like a leader.

"I know where the territory is." Blackfoot said. Fireheart knew he could not argue with the injured tom. Blackfoot proudly limped in the lead. Fireheart took this group easy. These were not his Clan. Not yet.