Chapter 13

Fireheart woke up in a panic. He dreamt his former Clanmates in ThunderClan were running from something Fireheart couldn't see. The sky went dark and then he woke up. The tom shook his head. "It was only a dream." he spoke aloud. It was early morning when Fireheart got out of his nest. Blackfoot was still sleeping. The white tom's wounds hadn't healed well and an infection was inevitable.

Fireheart took in the cold morning air. The cats had only been a few days in the small oak territory off of ShadowClan, but it felt like home to Fireheart. A sudden movement came from the bushes. Fireheart turned to see Stubbytail sneaking into the territory. "Where have you been gone too?" Fireheart asked. Stubbytail jumped. "I-I was hunting." Stubbytail obviously lied. Fireheart nodded, "In ShadowClan territory?"

Stubbytail looked at his paws as he realized he was caught. "I wanted to check on ShadowClan." Stubbytail said. "I heard there was a sickness in the camp. They are my kin and-." Fireheart stopped him. "I understand." Fireheart reassured the brown tabby. "I would check on ThunderClan if something bad happened to them." Stubbytail looked relieved. "Shall I go hunting?" the short tailed rogue asked. Fireheart nodded, "get something for Blackfoot, if you can." the brown tabby nodded.

Stubbytail went off. Fireheart sat alone once more, trying to remember what Spottedleaf or Yellowfang had told him about herbs that might help Blackfoot.

Fireheart must have zoned out because Snag nosed the tom. Fireheart looked at him confused. Snag seemed startled and worried. "What is it?" Fireheart asked. Snag spoke nervously, "Some cats are outside the bushes. They seem to know we are here." As Snag spoke, Stubbytail and Mowgli walked pass.

Stubbytail immediately perked up when Snag told him what he scented. "It must be ShadowClan!" Stubbytail said. "It must be." Fireheart silenced him, "Who knows if they think we are a threat. You of all cats should know this." Stubbytail looked at his paws. "I'm sorry." Stubbytail muttered. Fireheart felt guilty for snapping at the tom. "I'm not the cat you need to apologize to." Fireheart said confidentiality.

"Wait," Stubbytail said, "So we're going to aid ShadowClan?" Fireheart nodded. "Maybe," the fiery tom spoke, "we can get something in return." Stubbytail looked towards the makeshift den where Blackfoot slept. "What's the plan?" Mowgli asked. Fireheart thought for a moment.

"Ok." the fiery tom spoke. Snag, Stubbytail, you two come with me. Mowgli, you have done enough for the day. Eat and rest. Check on Blackfoot if you can." Mowgli nodded and did as he was told. The other two rogues waited patiently for Fireheart's command. The fiery tom turned to Snag. "Show me where you saw the cats."