Chapter 2- Options

"Mylene."

Alya took this opportunity to lend a hand. Crossing her arms over her chest, she stood up from the chaise and walked over to Marinette and leaned over to look at the blunettes list.

"Ah, I see. Mylene's a sweetheart. Her father's never home though, so that may or may not be a problem-"

"Yeah, maybe you're right..." Marinette reached for the phone, interrupting her friend eagerly in the middle of her sentence.

"Girl, wait!" Her hand was slammed down by Alya's. The dark-haired girl's eyes widened at her friend's sudden reaction but she kept her composure.

"Do you remember when we had a sleepover with her for the first time?"

Marinette could vaguely remember. "I don't recall much, it was a long time ago... why?"

"She had nightmares every 10 minutes." Alya blinked. Marinette suddenly remembered how bad she felt for the scared girl. It gave the entire group so much anxiety and they were walking zombies the next day. "That girl kept everybody up! And when she did fall asleep, she snored heavily. She's the only one of us who now won't sleep in the same room as everybody else. Imagine if you were stuck with her every night for months?"

Marinette tucked her hair behind her ear anxiously. "I mean yeah, I get what you're saying. But I wouldn't need to sleep in the same room with her."

"I don't know, girl, we've been to her house before. They have no spare rooms. You'd have to stay in her room with her." Alya said warily. "Plus, I honestly don't think it would be a good idea. Your guys' families don't know each other very well and I doubt your parents would want you to stay with them if Mylene's parents aren't home all the time."

"My parent's let me stay home all the time by myself."

"But not in someone else's house. Isn't your dad pretty strict?"

"I guess you're right. There's many reasons why asking her would be a bad idea." Marinette peered down at her list to read the next name. "Alix?"

Alya nodded. "Maybe, check with her? I know her family is super fancy."

Marinette dialed Alix's number, put it on speaker, and waited for the call to go through. Alix picked up after a few rings, her voice sounding the same as it did in person.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Alix! It's Marinette."

"Hey, what's up?"

"It's kind of hard to explain," Marinette paused before taking a deep breath, "It turns out my parents are going somewhere for a little while. So I need a place to stay. Do you think I could stay with you?"

There was silence after Marinette finished speaking. A small voice could be heard in the background of the call that neither her nor Alya could make out who it was.

"Aw, Marinette. You know I'd love to have you here... but, my dad is always away from home, and my brother is obsessed with his work. My family members take all the extra rooms in the house for more space. You'd have nowhere to stay, and I really don't think my father would allow me to have you stay with us."