Chapter 19- The Tear

Marinette stared forward as her blurry vision began to get worse. What was wrong with her!? She was not going to seriously pass out from a slap in the face! Right...?

"Marinette- You're okay," Gen spoke, grabbing onto her hand.

"Oh, Jesus. Dramatic much? I didn't even hit her that hard. What a joke." Brielle snarled, anger still etched in her voice. Everyone's eyes traveled down to the mark on Marinette's face, which was still beet red.

"Why did you...?" She asked, her eyes filling with tears.

Inside her purse, Tikki felt it again. The akuma. It was coming back for Marinette, she was sure of it! This ignorant girl, Brielle, had just slapped her best friend in the face, hurting her physically and scarring her emotionally. Marinette's feelings were quite evident to Tikki. She was hurting, now more than ever. First, it was her parents leaving, then the rumors, now some girl just assaulted her? Rage built up inside the small kwami and for a second, her own vision got blurry. Kwamis rarely got angry unless it was for a good reason. But who did this girl think she was?

"You deserved it, you skanky bitch."

Genevieve didn't know what to say. She just stared after the girl in shock, holding onto a sobbing Marinette. All Marinette ever did was try to please everyone, but she couldn't. She failed, and Genevieve could relate to every ounce of that failure.

"Brielle-"

"Don't you start." Bri snapped, picking at her nails. "By tonight, you'll be fired."

Gen's eyes widened, her anger fading into shock and fear. "W-What?"

"My mom will have a lot of things to say about you."

Her lips felt dry and chapped. "W-Why?"

"Because you took her side. When you should have taken mine!"

"That's so immature of you, Brielle!" Gen cried out, her heart feeling hollow and empty.

"Whatever." The redhead turned around, flaunting the black dress she wore. When she bent over, it was apparent it wasn't the right size, it was much shorter than intended and the seams were taut on her body. The black fabric swayed with Brielle's hips as she walked to the door.

"I've got a photoshoot to get too."

Gen squinted her eyes. "You will NOT be going to that photoshoot, Brielle Evans."

"Excuse me?" The girl stopped before reaching the door, spinning on her heel and scoffing loudly. "Yeah. Okay. Whatever. Sorry."

"Sorry?! You just laid your hands on Marinette! Apologize to her before apologizing to me!"

Brielle gasped. "Nobody will believe that I actually hit her."

This girl was fighting fire with fire. Genevieve raised her finger. "Are you serious!? You've got four witnesses here!"

Five.

Tikki frowned from inside the bag.

"No, you don't. You've got two." She emphasized the number and pointed to Jasmine and Samantha who had their heads down.