Chapter 45- Please

Adrien rushed off through the streets, ignoring the screaming people and camera blocking his path. He didn't have much time and he had to get to Ladybug. Something was wrong and he knew it. He saw the building come into view as he ran, thoughts rushing through his head. He wondered... what would he do if his ring was still frozen? It shouldn't be, right? He'd been honest with his feelings. He'd been stronger. He'd waited. Plagg should be able to come out now- he had to be safe now.

But in the back of his mind, Adrien began to wonder more and more about Marinette's strange behavior. Why had she run off like that? For a second, she reminded him of a hero- even though she was just an ordinary girl. He'd saved her life and they'd almost...

He flushed and covered his face even as he rushed on.

They almost kissed. Was that why he felt so confident in Plagg being free? Had he fixed his emotions like he was told? Was Marinette that key?

There were so many questions that he wanted to be answered, but there was no time.

Arriving at Master Fu's place, he didn't bother to knock. He busted inside, sweat dripping down his neck, down to his back. The kwami master was subtly looking out the window, almost as if he was awaiting Adrien's arrival.

"Adrien." He spoke, reaching inside his pocket.

"Good news."

Plagg flew slowly out from behind, "Hey, kid."

His eyes lit up immediately when he saw his kwami. It didn't look like he was 100% but it was enough.

"We need to hurry," Adrien said with a smile. "Plagg- claws out!"

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Ladybug struggled against Gen's grip. "Stop this! Stop it now!"

What was she gonna do? This event in front of her was about to unfold and she felt powerless. Tears were filling her eyes, her body was stuck in place and she was weak against everything right now. 

"Gen!"

"Genevieve!" For a second, the woman stopped, and so did her pawns.

"Can you be quiet? I'm trying to focus."

"Gen, I know you're in there. I know this isn't you. I know you're hurt but this isn't right. This isn't the way!"

The girl grew quiet. "I promise that if you stop this, I'll help you fix it. I'll help you get your job back. I'll help you, Gen!"

Ignored, Marinette screamed. "Gennie, please!"

"Gennie?"

That voice. It was familiar but Ladybug couldn't crane her head to see where it was coming from. Struggling against her grip, out of the corner of her eye, she saw a black figure. It was Chat Noir... but it wasn't his voice she just heard now. The cat snuck around the side as he investigated the force that was holding Ladybug. She couldn't use her lucky charm, she couldn't move her limbs. The focus was completely still on her, but that voice had somehow altered it a bit. 

Gen craned her neck to the side where a tall boy came into view holding a bag. It was Darren from the company.

"What's going on?" He asked, eyeing the situation, the man and woman, and his friend holding Ladybug in mid-air.